• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vit D shortage, anyone else have this problem?

I am currently short on everything, so all my vitamins and supplements have been upped, I think its quite common for us to get deficent as our body just doesn't absorb as good anymore due to being changed, I am hoping that my body will come into order soon as I have been feeling so crap, hope you get yours sorted too!!

Yes, I was told a few weeks ago I was very low in Vit D, was quite surprised as I had been taking supplements for quite a few weeks before that. However, you only get around 30% of Vit D from food, the rest is from good old sunshine, so if anyone is deficient, the best bet is to take cod liver oil tabs & get out in the sun regularly (if there is any, that is!)...it doesn't have to be for very long, just 20 - 30 mins a few times a week.

Also, get some stronger Vit D3 tablets from holland and barratt. The national RDA is very low, only around 30ui, whereas research shows we need far more, around 1000ui. I used to take a 5000ui tablet daily. They aren't expensive.

How would you know if you are deficient in any vitamin especially Vit D.

I know my levels are low as my hospital do regular blood tests to check my levels.

I have also been advise by my hospital to take double multivits.

I take vit D with calcium 1000 mg and 800U colecaiferol (what ever that means)

I am due to have Vit D injection soon.

I must admit that I am a bit of a vampire nowadays, I hardly ever go out in the sun. I have no energy. I will try to get out this week. I am looking forward to feeling a bit more energized as i had my second Vit B12 injection today. Four more to have over the next 10 days. ouch!!!

Get the doc to check your Iron levels (not Ferretin). Ive been on my knees the whole year and Ive just been diagnosed with ME but also have low iron levels and low Vit C levels.

Back