• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk

Pollyann

hi I am post op day 6 and seem to have a problem with milk (semi skimmed milk) did anyone else have this problem ???:(

Hi l also couldn't tolerate milk post op l thought this might have been due to having been on the milk and yoghurt diet for 10 days before the op

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Lactose intolerance is very common after surgery, especially bypass. I can't have milk or yoghurt but cheese is ok in small amounts.
For some people it's temporary others not. Try cutting mill out for a while and trying again in a few months x

Yes I couldn't have milk for about 6 months post op. Had to have soya or I'd get an upset stomach, but I'm ok with it now unless I have a vast amount. Some people continue to struggle with it but there are a lot of good alternatives out there these days. Lacto free milk, almond milk, soya etc. I used to get the unsweetened versions, couldn't really taste much difference in a cup of tea x

I'm pleased to say I'm fine with milk thank goodness. Don't know what I would have done otherwise

Back