• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins to prevent hair loss?

J-Mo

I remember reading on here of a vitamin that helps prevent hair loss but I can't remember the name. Its was selenium or something like that.

Can anyone remember?

Thanks

Zinc and selenium I think, I was taking some asda ones before the op, skin hair and nails I think they were called. Not took them after op yet as theyre big :eek: XX

oooo im so getting some of these x

Yes, I've been taking zinc & selenium, plus sea kelp (I read about that on an American site) for about 3 months before my op. I haven't taken them for the last 3 weeks as a couple of the tablets are quite large but will start taking them again in the next couple of weeks. Tbh, it hasn't really helped though! I think the main goal is to keep up your protein intake xxx

Has your hair begin to fall out Jacci? Mine's ok so far.

I don't know if i am accurate saying this but as I understand it, its like this.....The hair loss is caused at the begining when you can't get enough protein, soooooo i'm not sure that taking suppliments will do any good, as soon as we are able to eat enough the hair loss stops. somebody correct me if i'm wrong xx

I think thats my understanding too, but even the dietician advised me to take zinc and selenium so maybe that helps reduce it? :D XX

ive just read selenium is extremely toxic :eek::break_diet:

I maybe alone in thinking this but......It's only hair girls and it grows back and i don't know of anyone who went bald xxx

i think i might be going bald now you know!! my hair is so thin!! and when i tilt my head back i can see my scalp at the front :eek::break_diet:at the top of my head, my hair is to my waist at min! urghhhhh desperatly need a trip to toni and guy

i think i might be going bald now you know!! my hair is so thin!! and when i tilt my head back i can see my scalp at the front :eek::break_diet:at the top of my head, my hair is to my waist at min! urghhhhh desperatly need a trip to toni and guy

Think you would look fab with short hair xx

o nooooooooo!!!! i dont sweets, will always have it long n blonde :)

i think i might be going bald now you know!!

I know what you mean, because I had stuck to quite a strict diet before the op, my hair loss increased even before I'd had the bypass...my hair is definitely much thinner than it was....but I'd rather wear a syrup than be a fat cow still! I'm going to the hairdressers on Saturday so hopefully my stylist can work some sort of miracle...although I made the mistake of going blonde a few months ago (to cover the grey), so of course the bleach probably won't help, but hell, who cares?!

yeh im gonna go hopefully for a resytle still long and blonde but im naturally blonde but dark so highlights are fine on mine, mights go for loads of layers at the back to give it volume and a side fringe to hide the scalp bit eeew xx

Back