• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins to prevent hair loss?

Solvazinc 125mg diluted in a small amount of water x 3 times a day:

Buy Solvazinc Tablet 3x30, £19.99, Zinc Products, Online Pharmacy

Silica Complex x 2 a day and Biotin x 2 a day, both highly recommend on US forums available here:

Discount Vitamins & Herbal Supplements from Puritan's Pride | Puritan UK

The Silica Complex tablet is big but crumbly and the Biotin capsule can be opened so both can be taken with a little yoghurt, milk or Actimel if you think you may not manage them after the op.

Protein is very important for hair growth and re-growth.
MY PROTEIN Impact Whey has a great taste:

Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements - Myprotein)

Hope this helps.

Solvazinc 125mg diluted in a small amount of water x 3 times a day:

Buy Solvazinc Tablet 3x30, £19.99, Zinc Products, Online Pharmacy

Silica Complex x 2 a day and Biotin x 2 a day, both highly recommend on US forums available here:

Discount Vitamins & Herbal Supplements from Puritan's Pride | Puritan UK

The Silica Complex tablet is big but crumbly and the Biotin capsule can be opened so both can be taken with a little yoghurt, milk or Actimel if you think you may not manage them after the op.

Protein is very important for hair growth and re-growth.
MY PROTEIN Impact Whey has a great taste:

Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements - Myprotein)

Hope this helps.

Silica!!!!! Thats the one I was looking for.

In all honesty it wasn't for me that I was asking. My friend came to see me last night & she is really worried about her hair loss (she's not had a bypass or intending to have one). She has a very stressful job & I think that is the reason. She has had blood tests etc. done & they all came back clear.

Thanks everyone.

Like Angie, I'd rather be bald than a fat c*w too. Its only hair so if necessary I'll have it cut or do a Sinead O'Connor ;)

J-Mo, my best pal is a hairdresser but worked for a long time alongside a trichologist who helps people with hair loss and she says stress can be a big cause of this.

An important thing is to maintain healthy eating and drinking during stressful times (easier said than done!).
Protein and water are vitally important.

She also recommends not over washing and styling your hair. Combing/brushing as little as possible when wet. Not using too many products and giving the hair a day off as often as possible from washing, styling, products etc.

For most people the hair only thins - it does not fall out in clumps but some people do make the choice to have a shorter, easier to manage hairstyle during this time.

Hope your friend is ok and is reassured that in the main, hairloss is a temporary thing and will grow back.

Take care.

Thanks Biggy.

She is worrying about her hair which I think can make things worse but its a vicious circle!!

Back