• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins

Hi

I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I am just curious to know what vitamins you take and what ones were you advised to take by the hospital. I am under Charing cross and they suggested only a multi vitamin but I know others have been told to take Iron, Vit C etc.

I have put myself on calcium, B complex and Iron as well as my multi vit. I am not sure if this is too much or too little. I used to also take selemium until last week when someone suggested it was too toxic for me so now I am a little confused.

I have my three month blood tests this week so I am guessing they will tell me if I need anything extra but like I said I am curious to know that different hospitals say and also if your vitamins were changed later on after blood tests

I've been told by my hospital:
- multivitamin and minerals
- extra iron
- extra calcium
- extra vitamin D
- 3 monthly B12 injections

So far I'm just taking the multi vit as my GP is being a pain in the bottom and still hasn't sorted out my prescription.

Sounds like what you're doing is fine but the blood tests will reveal all :)

I was advised to take 2 iron tablets each day (prescription), 2 calcium tabs each day (prescription), 1 Sanatogen Complete multi vit each day and vit B12 injection every 3 months. I take them religiously every day and so far my blood results have come back normal.

Cuppa xx

My prescription from the bariatrics team is

Lansoprazole (ant-acid) 2 a day
Ferrous fumarate (iron) 2 a day
Forceval (multi vit) 1 a day
Adcal - D3 (calcium) 2 a day
Vit B12 inj every 3 months if needed

I am under the same team as you, I take Forceval (multi vit), Centrum Advance 50+ (their diet sheets & Dietian recommed this or Sanatagen), I also take Adcal due to having a problem with low Vitamin D. Hope this helps it's really difficult, I'm surprised they didn't tell you about the Centrum & Sanatagen as they told everyone who had their op the same day as me & the day before . Good luck I know it's a bit of a mine field.
Bunny x

I am under the same team as you, I take Forceval (multi vit), Centrum Advance 50+ (their diet sheets & Dietian recommed this or Sanatagen), I also take Adcal due to having a problem with low Vitamin D. Hope this helps it's really difficult, I'm surprised they didn't tell you about the Centrum & Sanatagen as they told everyone who had their op the same day as me & the day before . Good luck I know it's a bit of a mine field.
Bunny x

Hi Bunny

I didnt realise you had the same surgeon. He is brilliant isnt he. (and quite a dish too)

Thanks for your comments on the vitamins. they did tell me about the sanatagan etc but then prescribed other multi vits so I have been taking those.

Thanks for your comments guys,

Hi Bunny

I didnt realise you had the same surgeon. He is brilliant isnt he. (and quite a dish too)

Thanks for your comments on the vitamins. they did tell me about the sanatagan etc but then prescribed other multi vits so I have been taking those.

You are not kidding he's a dish :D, the vitamin thing is really confusing it was only I question everything that I found out we need to take the Sanatagen etc in addition to what they had prescribed.
Bunny x

Back