• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Vitamins/Supplements - when to take???

Andrea73

Hi, I have been thinking about the types of supplements that I take and wonder if I am taking them right.

In the morning when I get up I take all my tablets together with a glass of water. Now I am wondering if they need to be taken as seperate times. Hopefully an experience bypasser can advise.

I take citroplaram (anti-depress), Lansaprazole, multi-vit, calcium chewy.

I don't take any iron tablets however I've spoken to others who had the same surgeon and have been told to take the iron tablet.

Any advice please.

I had my op on thursday and i was told to take the calcy chew at night seperate from my multi-vitamins & minerals but I would of thought they would of explained that to you if that was the case

Hi Andrea. I take my multivit midway through the day as it is such a big beast and I'm afraid of it getting stuck! I was told not to take it with tea or coffee as it will affect the absorption.
I haven't begun the calcichew or iron yet, they get prescribed when I'm a month post-op apparently. But I do find I'm having to space the pills out just because of sheer volume in my new tinytum!

i take 1 calcium tab, an iron tab and my multi vit in the morning, and then after tea/before bed another calcium and an iron tab, just doing as i'm told!! ;)

I tend to take all my vits n tablets seperately through the day i expect this will be the norm once i have had the op so am trying to get used to doing it now

Back