• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vits and minerals

vickip99

Hi all just wondering what type of multi vitamins i need to take if im getting a gastric bypass. Hopefully my op is end of janurary as i have my endoscopy on 14th jan. I just wanted to stock up as i kno they can be pretty pricey
Thanks x

I bought the Tesco multivitamin A to Z, and my surgeon said that was good.

Ditto on that, my dietician also says these are top as well. Might have been Tesco Finest also. I used to use Healthspan (online from Guernsey). Post bypass you may be able to get these on prescription as well. Handy if you have an exception or pre-pay. You'll also need calcium & vitD, plus iron, plus B12 which is injected every 12 weeks.

The B12 and D injections will only be needed by some people as it depends on each person. That is why my provider does 6 monthly bloods to see what I am deficient in and will then let me know if I need them or not.

Some will insist on b12 injections every tgreen months for life regardless of blood test results. Depends on what yr team tell you to do. Just follow the advise they give you. Recommended guidelines now are for two complete multi vit's a day plus iron for menstruating ladies, plus calcium d3 tablets three times daily.

I'm 7 weeks post op and I have high dose iron once a day, calcium D3 twice a day, asda chewable multivitamin once a day and b12 injections 3monthly all as instructed and not had a post op blood check yet!!

I really didn't want the injections, at least not without checking bloods, was hoping I'd get away with it but to be honest I'm so glad I did because I feel so much better since having it!!

Thanks for all replys. Ill habe a look in tescos at those oned nd just wait nd see wot surgeon says after op for b12 x

Back