• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

vits?

I was told to take a chewable multi vit post op... which has confuse me as im on liquids only for 4 weeks... so... can i take a chewy vit?

just wondering what people took just after the bypass?

any help is greatly recived.

i just managed about 1 5th of a small can of chicken and mushroom soup, with a tea spoon of powdered milk and fibersure in it... im so shocked at how full i feel. :)

.x.

ps. my belly is currently the loudest thing in the uk lol

=/

anyone?

.x.

I havent had surgery iro but I would think that the vit C is okay as when you chew it it becomes liquid, it doesnt go down as a solid mass. We gave lots of our patients this post op and if your surgeon said to take it it is obviously allright
Well done on the intake, and feeling so full, how cool is that??
I thought my pipes were rumbling but it must be your stomach lol

Jay xx

Hi

I bet your glad its all over and you can look to the future now, im taking kids chewy vitamins and chewable calcium tabs and they go down fine, chat soon

L xx

Hi Chaps - i'm afraid longerterm that a bassets chewy thing isn't going to be enough, your consultant should send a referal letter back to your GP with the longterm vitimin requirements you will need, mines a small handfull of all sorts at various strenghts, some i can purchase over the counter and others i get via a prescription for which i have an NHS exempt card for !
I didn't start vits until about 6 weeks post op, and by then i could swallow ok anyway.

You of course, quite right SS. Bassets are not suitable for long term use. But they do the job for the fluids stage. Forceval contains A-Z and as Shel pointed out on another thread, as they are gelcaps they are great in the pouch. My GP gave me 3 months worth on one prescription! Bargain!

Back