• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Voices in my head

louloumoo

We all suffer from that internal voice the voice that has got us into this trouble in the first place "you deserve it" "you only live once "well your fat already so what difference will it make" it will say what ever it thinks will ultimately make u eat.. Ignore it, fight it, do the opposite to what it says and u will be right..

What is your experience of the internal voice?

My 'voice' has been fine since the op - in fact since told to start pre-op BUT before I had my date 'she' was a real cow.

You're already fat so another box if Maltesers won't matter. You don't deserve to be thin. Etc etc. throw in a few 'you're pathetic'. You can't do this.

All in all my inner voice was evil!!

i focus on this a lot as my earlier thoughts pre surgery would be "Im fat already, one more wont matter!"

And now since my surgery my thought is focused on

"Just because I can, doesn't mean I should"

Ths has helped me immensely to achieve what I have done with my band :)

Something post surgery you have to be careful off is that voice can come back but it's starts to sound a bit different. "You've lost so much, it doesn't hurt to have a bad day" and it's doesn't hurt but too many will lead to a stall or gain. After you are a year out it's easy to do so you still have to fight it. Especially when you aren't at goal. Mine is so much better than it was before surgery and it did go away completely for a while but it does come back now and again these days. I have to keep a good check on it.

So true... It's that voice that says just eat it... All will be ok...

Mine would say lots of stuff. Like, there is no point denying yourself, it's makes you miserable. Or oops you've eaten too much today, might as well eat what you like for the rest of the day. My big ones were, you need to eat or you get ill, and hunger is frightening.
I still have the voice, and it still says these things sometimes. But the last couple of weeks its saying stuff like, missing a meal won't make a difference! Can't win. I know I will always have to keep myself in check.

Back