• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG!!! thoughts in my head

VikiB

Have checked into the hospital and my surgery is in two days. I am now scared witless. I know I probably should have already felt this and dealt with it but it didn't seem real until now. My head is filled with statistics and fear and wondering if I will be happy a year from now with what I'm doing now. AND sadly wondering if I will survive the surgery...if I will ever know the happiness food used to bring me or will it just be an annoying function like other things ie reading the mail, paying the bills etc will people still like me I know all of this is probably silly but its in my head
Did any or all of you feel like this pre-op or post-op?

Yep, all pretty normal, I think everyone pretty much feels like this last minute. You'll be fine lovely, and in a couple of weeks, the only regret you'll have is that you didn't do it 10 years ago.

Kate x

Hi hun i had all sorts of doubts and thoughts in my head... and speaking to other people they did aswell... dont worry about anything hun.. cos its all gonna work out the best thing ever xxx

I also still having the nagging they aren't going to do it going on in there lol

Have checked into the hospital and my surgery is in two days. I am now scared witless. I know I probably should have already felt this and dealt with it but it didn't seem real until now. My head is filled with statistics and fear and wondering if I will be happy a year from now with what I'm doing now. AND sadly wondering if I will survive the surgery...if I will ever know the happiness food used to bring me or will it just be an annoying function like other things ie reading the mail, paying the bills etc will people still like me I know all of this is probably silly but its in my head
Did any or all of you feel like this pre-op or post-op?

i went through all the thoughts you did - but since its not that long i cant say if its worth it or not - however most people here say it is and we should listen to them - they know what they are talking about while we are at the begining of the journey - you are in hospital very early - any reason why?

good luck with the op and your new life xx

erm....i had none of what your going through at all but i can tell you the results it brings is totally out of this world you will be fine and in no time you will start to see the benefits wls brings good luck and what a start to a new year

O Viki,
I feel you girl. My surgery is in 16 days. And I have my moments of wtf am I doing?
But reality hits me and I'm going nowhere fast right now, it can only get better right?
Not easy just right direction.
Deep breaths.....
Can't wait to here how u do girly ...

Charlotte

I had a little wobble like your just before I went into theatre. Then I looked down at my body and realised it was time to make the change. I have no regrets at all. I am sure you will be fine love. Time for a new you.
If you don't mind me asking, why are you in hospital so early? I had to be there 1 hour before!

Good luck hun ull be fine ;) x

Good luck!!! Your worries do sound normal. I look forward to seeing you on the other side :)

i went through all the thoughts you did - but since its not that long i cant say if its worth it or not - however most people here say it is and we should listen to them - they know what they are talking about while we are at the begining of the journey - you are in hospital very early - any reason why?

good luck with the op and your new life xx

I'm an insulin dependant diabetic and they need to monitor my blood glucose before the op.

I had a little wobble like your just before I went into theatre. Then I looked down at my body and realised it was time to make the change. I have no regrets at all. I am sure you will be fine love. Time for a new you.
If you don't mind me asking, why are you in hospital so early? I had to be there 1 hour before!

I'm an insulin dependant diabetic and they need to monitor my blood glucose before the op.

Thanks everyone it is so nice to know that I am not alone in how I feel or what I think. I am looking forward to being on the losers team lol I also look forward to seeing everyone else there. :)

Back