• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting times at Princes Royal/UCLH

DEANO76

Not sure if this info will be suitable for other people but this is what i did, i was told when i originally went for surgery that the waiting time at Princes Royal, Farnborough was going to be a year, then i was told 2 years due to funding cuts, i went back to my doctors and told them they then wrote a note to the consultant asking for me to be bumped up the list. I went and saw Mr El hassani and he basically told me to stop wasting his time and if i didnt like the waiting length find another hospital, so i did.

I rung up UCLH and found out the waiting time and they said less than 8 months from start to finish. So i got my self referred there. The beauty of this was that i was on the waiting list for both hospitals. But true to there word i applied to UCLH in July 11 and my op is next week so less than 7 months and this includes being checked for sleep apnea. The only downside is its in the centre of London.

Great news good luck for next wk Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thats fab news

I rung up UCLH and found out the waiting time and they said less than 8 months from start to finish. So i got my self referred there. The beauty of this was that i was on the waiting list for both hospitals. But true to there word i applied to UCLH in July 11 and my op is next week so less than 7 months and this includes being checked for sleep apnea. The only downside is its in the centre of London.

Well done, you.

I did also consider swapping to UCLH some time ago but my original GP who referred me said UCLH was not on his list of referrable hospitals, but Whittington was (goodness knows why!).

However, I am now near the end of the waiting list with the Whittington, it has been a bit longer, but getting there in the end!

In Bexley, we have to use choose and book and we can go anywhere in the country as long as the pct will pay for it as some hospitals charge different prices.

DEANO76 said:
In Bexley, we have to use choose and book and we can go anywhere in the country as long as the pct will pay for it as some hospitals charge different prices.

How does that work? I haven't got to that point yet. I was turned down by Bexley. Just in the re referral stage. But, if wasn't given an option to choose where I could be referred. That would be awesome if I could x

I didn't know that Dean!!!
Blimey if I had have known I would have gone elsewhere!!
Been waiting for El-Hasani since MArch 11!!

When you are referred by your GP as long as you meet the pcts criteria for funding you will be sent a letter by choose and book, when you speak to them they will offer you the nearest hospitals they have on there system, you have a rite to go to any hospital you want as long as its nhs. @Kizzy70 They are having problems at the princes royal which is why they are so far behind, its only Mr Hassani that does the ops which is why they are sending people to private hospitals for the op. I would ask the secetary how long if its more than a year and a half i would go elsewhere.

DEANO76 said:
When you are referred by your GP as long as you meet the pcts criteria for funding you will be sent a letter by choose and book, when you speak to them they will offer you the nearest hospitals they have on there system, you have a rite to go to any hospital you want as long as its nhs. @Kizzy70 They are having problems at the princes royal which is why they are so far behind, its only Mr Hassani that does the ops which is why they are sending people to private hospitals for the op. I would ask the secetary how long if its more than a year and a half i would go elsewhere.

Great information Dean!!!

Thanks Dean

I'm hoping it will be this year, I have been in touch with his secretary and since June last year the list has come down for me from 176th to 90th so hopefully it should be this year. Now they have changed the criteria in my area I would not meet this, so I think I'm best to stay put.

Thanks for all your info though

Kim

I'm under princess royal and have been sent over to the private hospital, I've been on the waiting list for 11 months and got to under 100 on the list just before x mas so I went back to my GP to go to a different hospital but she said it would have to go through the pct again and I got scared that I would be refused so decided to stay put.
I didn't get choose and book with my referral although we normally do.

Well done and good luck

Vicky x

Back