• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

royal derby hospital waiting???

kirstyjade

hi guys so basically iv got an app on the 4th of sept at royal derby hospital and iv got a few questions
#1 do you have to undergo a weight loss programe before going on the waiting list

#2 how long from 1st app to surgery i was told by there secretary last week that it was only 8 weeks but seen a few ppl on here saying they been waiting over a year

#3 will i automatically go to the bottom of the waiting list....iv lost 3 stone since my gp sent off the application and i did'nt know if that will help me get the op any sooner...my bmi is 63

#4 can a surgeon decide, right this person has made a big effort im going to give her the op alot sooner?

#5 is royal derby a good hospital to have this op? iv only been referred to this hospital i did'nt get the choice of any others

sorry about all the question lol

kirstyjade said:
hi guys so basically iv got an app on the 4th of sept at royal derby hospital and iv got a few questions
#1 do you have to undergo a weight loss programe before going on the waiting list

#2 how long from 1st app to surgery i was told by there secretary last week that it was only 8 weeks but seen a few ppl on here saying they been waiting over a year

#3 will i automatically go to the bottom of the waiting list....iv lost 3 stone since my gp sent off the application and i did'nt know if that will help me get the op any sooner...my bmi is 63

#4 can a surgeon decide, right this person has made a big effort im going to give her the op alot sooner?

#5 is royal derby a good hospital to have this op? iv only been referred to this hospital i did'nt get the choice of any others

sorry about all the question lol

1) it all depends on which tier they put you on. You'll find out at your appointment.
2) My first appointment was in feb 2011. I'm still waiting for surgery.
3) Yes you will. You'll only go on the list when funding has been agreed and sent by your pct.
4) No.
5) I've heard nothing but good things. But be prepared for a long wait.

Hope this has helped :)

Do you know how long the waiting is atm then, i was told 8 weeks so im abit confused lol but shall call them again tomorrow

Back