• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WARNING Gross photos but if you wanna stop smoking?

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
Ok the photos below are of my brother who had a large tumor removed from his throat and neck......the day they said large Mass was the day he gave up smoking......I wish he had never started.

He is ok now but please let this be a lesson

Please please think about stopping its so not worth it :wave_cry:

Glad your brother seems on the mend Wanda I have experienced that with FIL but he had left it much too late and didnt make it.
Positive thoughts to you and your family

Jay xx

Wanda...hope your Brother gets well soon. I've just shown the pics to my 16 yr old Son who confessed to me last week he had smoked a fag whilst out with his mates :mad:
I hope that by seeing these it will make him think twice before trying another!

Yvonne xx

Red I didnt post the really shocking ones but can send you a link to my brothers facebook page where they are if you want to scare the living daylights out of your son:cool:

And these were taken a few months ago and he is doing ok and has the all clear...but a huge scar to remind him everyday

Oh that is good news Wanda it is always such a worry just sorry he had to learn the hard way.
The trouble is when you smoke no matter how awful the sights are that you see you have got to really want to stop.
I and my friends nursed nursed many smoking related cancers and I saw some awful lungs being operated on in theatre full of black tar, but it never stopped me smoking.
Not until I collapsed with High blood pressure 25yrs ago and the GP told me give up or risk death, did I stop. Never smoked since, as I wanted to see my children grow up.
But it takes something very personal to stop you and even then many still smoke, even after strokes and cancers, and I know to a non smoker that seems madness but it is fact never the less.
Know what they say theres nought as queer as folk lol

Jay xx

Hi Sent you a PM , i'm an ex smoker of 4 and half years and for the first year of giving up was so hard but i'd never go back .
also my mum has lung cancer at 63 thats now gone to her brain , she smokes alot .
She was told in Jan she has it and does not have long , its well worth stopping

So glsd your brother made it through. Im ashamed to say i smoke was always to try and prevent weight gain no excuse i know! Have tried several times to give it up but when i saw Mr Ammori yesterday he said i have to stop two weeks before my sugery so hopefully this will be it. I have decided to change my life weight wise to improve my health so now it's time to give the cigarettes up too
Allie xx

Wanda, thankyou...would your brother mind? I'd really appreciate any help to dissuade him from smoking, my Husband is very anti smoking and would be livid if he knew Son had tried it :copon:

he's just at that age where they'll have a dable with stuff (I tried it at 16, but got nothing out of it, so didn't do it again) but he's quite squeemish so if it'll frighten the pants off him then all the better :sign0151:

glad that your Brother is on the mend :)

Yvonne xx

What an awful hard lesson to learn but have to agree with Jay you have to want to give up. I was a heavy smoker until my mum had a massive stroke that left her paralised right side and no speech she then spent fifteen years like this totally dependent on my dad. I have not smoked for seventeen years now and it really upsets me to see friends and members of my family smoking. I wish your brother all the best and hope he now lives a long and healthy life take care xXx

Hi to all you smokers out there, When I saw my G.P about gastric bypass, he stated that I need to stop smoking before my opperation. That was the 8th April. I used to smoke 20 per day, with the patches and electronic cigarette I now smoke zero, and believe me I shocked myself. So if you want something so bad you will do whatever it takes. The doctors can tell by your bloods which you have to have done before your op if you smoke or drink as it shows up. Gail-michelle

Thanks for all the info. I am willing to give up and tried before and gave up for 3 months twice but as my husband smokes infront of me i can't help my self. I have to be more strong. I used to smoke 20 a day but now i only do 3/5 a day.

i also need to pack up as i smoke hand rolling tobacco which is worse than proper ciggies, ive tackled my food addiction to the extent and now i need to take on the niccotine addiction again, plus im poor coz fags and baccy cost so much these days :(

Back