• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water

Hi did or does anyone have problems drinking water. I'm 2.5 weeks post bypass and its uncomfortable drinking water it seems to go down real heavy and takes a few mins to settle. Not good when trying to keep fluids up. :-(

Try warm water

Thanks will try - have been keeping water at room temp

I struggled terribly with fluids, it's the swelling and it takes some weeks for it to settle down. Little sips and often is the only way to go. Hot tea went down much better than cold fluids. If I wanted a cool drink I put a tiny bit no added sugar juice, in some water and that helped a lot. Persevere, it gets easier over the months and now I'm nearly 6 months post op and I can take several gulps without any problems, easy manage around 2.5 litres of water a day :) x

That's how I feel even now if I drink too quickly. Keep it small, slow and steady (she says!)

Have bought some flavoured water which goes down a lot easier - weird or wot - but as long as I can keep fluids up that's what matters :)

Back