• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wating

Paula1975

How long is the wait from gp referral to receiving first appt? I know it probably differs in each pct, mines sutton surrey

Hello precious, it does vary from area to area, so all I can do is wish you well and hopefully someone from your PCT area may be along to give their opinion sometime.

Love and hugs, welcome and good luck on your WLS journey xxx

I am from Essex and I waited 18 months in total from referral too op........for first appointment with surgeon I waited 4 months. xx

Hi,
I had a 9 month total wait from first visit to GP for op. Visited GP in the august and had my first appointment with surgeon in december then op in may.
The waiting is a bit of a killer.
Good Luck x

Well hadn't received a letter so thought I'd do some chasing gp got the hospital wrong it's st george's tooting not st helier's referral now being sent

Well hadn't received a letter so thought I'd do some chasing gp got the hospital wrong it's st george's tooting not st helier's referral now being sent
when i see other ppl saying about gp getting funding mine didn't mention that as he's (finally) sending referral, he said they will see me as i qualify does that mean he got funding or is that at the hospital

Hi Paula

Im at st georges on nhs too.... It depends hows your primary care trust works... With mine i had to get funding from them before i was referred to hospital...Then it was about a 2 month wait to get aan appointment for a group forum, where a bariatric nurse tells you about operations they do, takes your weight and height.. I was told it would take about another 18 months until operation... (about a year to get all your appointments done, then a further 16 weeks to go on waiting list for operation)... Everyone who went on the group forum has funding by their PCT...

Hope this helps

Nicky xx

Hi Paula,

All these difference PCT's are so confusing !.

I was referred to St Georges by my GP in March 2009, attended group forum in Sep 2009, had first and second assesment in April 2011. GP got funding in May 2011 and have now been advised on the waiting list so to date 2years and 3 months.

the rules on who gets the funding has changed since i started in 2009 !.

Hope you journey is quick !

Im soo jealous that everyone else seems to have had a much quicker response than me.

All these difference PCT's are so confusing !.

And the hospitals work differently too!

The NHS have an 18 week guideline that states that 'no patient should wait longer than 18 weeks from referral to the start of their first definitive treatment'.

Some hospitals use that to mean the first appointment has to be within 18 weeks while others (such as St Richards in Chichester) aims to do the operation within the 18 weeks.

I was at a support group on Wednesday night where everyone (the NHS patients anyway) except me had had their op or was going to have it at St Richards. A girl there has her group appointment on 1st July - I've herd today mine - at a different hospital - will probably be 14th July so 2 weeks behind BUT I bet my appointment will be more than 2 weeks after hers!

Back