• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Appoimtment

BigDave99

a second chance at life
Great news for me things seem to be moving fast, took a little over 3 years to get PCT approval on funds. Then 1 week after receiving letter from PCT I have my first appointment at SPIRE Manchester 20th June only a couple of weeks.

At long last something is happening.

BigDave

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

is this for a seminar app with the surgeon?

great news Dave...really pleased for you :D xxx

Yes first appointment is a seminar with 10 other people they are also doing some blood tests and ECG

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fabulous news x x

congrats-2308.jpg

Well now you know the ball is actually rolling and its amazing how quickly things will happen now.

Enjoy the seminar, they are very informative and give you lots to think about.

:)

Thats great news Dave, I have my seminar on Wednesday. Good Luck with the rest of your wls journey x

Very similar to me Dave, its took me 3 years and my first appt is penciled in for 23rd June. There has been a problem with paperwork so waiting for this to be confirmed... I cant believe its actually happening!

Thanks again for all the replies, I am looking forward to this first appointment and as wls gets closer I seem to be getting more nervous about the actual surgery.
Hope I can get over these feelings as this is something I have wanted for such a long time

BigDave

Join my club lol x I'm having mine on the 24th and I'm having the surgery wobbles too, I think everyone does its just how much we let it get to us... I'v found focusing 99.9% of my energy into something exciting for the family has really helped take the strain...I knew i would become obsessed with the details/paper work/appointments/blood tests results ect so when i was speaking with the vicar re christening for my two children, I told her and she said to book it now so i can concentrate on something else whilst waiting x hope this helps in some small way x

sicknote said:
in some small way x

Yes it does, thanks. I keep thinking that this is not real and something is going to get in the way of the actual surgery. As you say I need to focus on something else and stop worrying.
Will update you all after the first meeting

BigDave

Yes it does, thanks. I keep thinking that this is not real and something is going to get in the way of the actual surgery. As you say I need to focus on something else and stop worrying.
Will update you all after the first meeting

BigDave

yes keep us posted please x I think untill we come round from G.A we will still think that its going to be halted by something or someone x good luck for your appointment xxx

Back