• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss prior to banding

starry

Hi all,
an anyone tell me ?? btw i have funding in place and am waiting for my appointment date with shaw somers.
my very suportive GP says my BP, diabetes and sleep apnoea are v. bad and if I could try and lose some weight now it would be good.
i have lost 2 -3 stones before on various occasions and then it all comes back with avengance plus some. ( hey welcome to my world i hear you all cry !) . She also said 2 stones may make all the difference and keep me off high insulin doses.
my BMI would be 40 if i managed it.

But i am very worried if i lose some weight prior to being initially seen i wil lose my funding because i have lost some weight even though my BMI is still in PCT funding criteria fo this area ?????
secondly after the appointment are you told to lose as much weight as possible prior to surgery - any help i am v worried about my health and losing this funding.
mainly as the NHS wait for chichester is 1 year long for surgery and i cant go elsewhere as the only unit for this area that does bypasses is there.
xxxxxx

I can't help with the funding issue I am afraid as I went private, but for me, I was not told to lose weight prior to surgery other than what I would lose on the 2 week pre-op diet designed to shrink your liver and make the surgery safer and easier (I lost 16lbs in 2 weeks on this). Hope that helps in some way, and I am sure someone will be along soon with a better answer for you. Good luck x

Back