• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss stalled

emilye349

Soo im 5months and 2weeks out of surgery and my loss seems to have stalled. Ive lost an incredible 8stone and 6lbs in this time so im not complaining.

Is this a normal stage to have stalled??

I exercise a lot!! Jog 5times a week and do regiment fitness and also ride my horse atleast 5times a week!! Part of me hopes its just muscle building up!!

Any feedback welcome :)

Thank you xx

los in it

Hi Emily,to answer your question, yes it's normal! I'm 8 months post bypass losing around 9 St and like you I'm very happy but I have had stalls even gained the odd couple of kilos to my horror! Next thing the weight lose kicks in and I'm off
I know it will happen for you in good time so don't worry keep on doing what your doing

los in it

I'm around 16. 3 stones now .... Can I get rid of that. 3 bit not on your nelly!

lauren25

Soo im 5months and 2weeks out of surgery and my loss seems to have stalled. Ive lost an incredible 8stone and 6lbs in this time so im not complaining. Is this a normal stage to have stalled?? I exercise a lot!! Jog 5times a week and do regiment fitness and also ride my horse atleast 5times a week!! Part of me hopes its just muscle building up!! Any feedback welcome :) Thank you xx

Don't panic I'm 10 months out and have just restarted to loose weight after an epic stall lasting since the end of April pretty much but in this time I went from a size 20 to a 16! Weird huh?
I'm currently 16st 2lbs after staying at 16st 6 for weeks and weeks!
I found I fiddled with my diet upped my protein and played around with my fitness!
I was doing like you the same thing each day I now try and do something different and it seems to have worked!

Good luck but it's totally normal don't threat ( easier said than done I know!)

Kimberly

I stalled around the same time , you will start to lose again . I found personally that for me I have to work at losing now . I went back to slimming world again and found them it helpful . My weight loss has really slowed down I'm 19 months bypass and about 4 pound from normal BMI I was bypass nov2013 and have lost about 10 stone . Thouse last four pounds just love me too much lol

emilye349

Lol thanks guys :) im not complaining as ive lost so much in such a short space of time but want the end result now i think!! I also need to back off the weighing myself as am a little obsessive and weigh morning and night!!

Ive found today that i cut back on some things and ate slightly different food so hopefully if i contine i will start to lose again!

I am only expected to lose 11stone through the whole journey so to be 5and half months out and only 2and a half stone to go i cant really complain!!

It has certainly changed my life!! I only started at the end of January exercising and since the 2nd of may ive done 5 5k events and this sunday doing my first 10k. Its totally amazing this whole change. One i wont ever forget thats for sure!!

JJJ

Lots of people seem to find that sometimes when the loss stalls the size or shape still goes in the right direction