• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight loss

teen

post op loser
:( I havent lost any weight this last 7 days Is this normal I am 3 and half weeks post op bypass

thanx

Yes it is completely normal to go days or a week with no loss early on. Your body is still in recovery from surgery. A big shock like surgery can take many weeks before your metabolism catches up with the changes in your body. Don't worry you might have a big loss waiting for you next week!

If you are concerned there are a couple of things you can do. You should probably look at how much you are eating, it may not be enough to convince your body you are not starving. Try adding extra protein every day for a week to help your body have enough fuel. I know it sounds mad but many post-ops just don't get enough nutrition in early days or rely too heavily on carbs which can lead to a slowed metabolism and thus slow weight loss. Also make sure you are getting up and moving around everyday, nothing too intense but at least a short walk to 'wake up' your metabolism. It can't hurt, it can only help your recovery & weight loss.

HTH,
Nic;)

thanx phats i am still on mainly liquid and soup till next week so will see if it catches up then

You could try adding a couple of protein supplements, and upping your milk intake. Or make a protein based soup like pea and ham, or lentil.

I have bought a tin of green lentils no idea what to do with them But i could make a soup with them This sites full of good ideas

hi teen i have only had my op on the 5th of jan and i have not weighed myself i am to scared to just in case i havent lost anything i am also finding it hard with food at moment cant seem to get it right at moment but i suppose we will get there in time good luck with it all
xx alison

:( I havent lost any weight this last 7 days Is this normal I am 3 and half weeks post op bypass

thanx
Hi Tina, its gona happen, your gona lose loads....watch this space! Sooooo just try and be patient, its took years to put on and it is gona go! xxxx

Teen everyone is right it is going to go and don't forget that because it's early days we're not moving around much are we?
But once we get active then we won't be able to eat enough calories to maintain this much weight and our bodies will start to use the fat for energy, I hope! :)

Thanx everyone for the info. I have thrown a tin of lentils,onion,leek,carrots,leek, small potato, turnip and a parsnip with some stock pepper and parsley in the pressure cooker. hope it tasted ok will last me about 3 days

Yeah defo normal at your stage i remember losing nothing for a week, and then all of a sudden, i lost 9lbs in the space of a couple of days. Try not to weigh yourself too often, and remember that there will be hurdles, and there will be days and even weeks when you lose nothing. It might not show on the scales, but you'll still be losing inches.

good luck xx

im glad i just read this although im a band 4mnth postop i worked hard and had a good week last week and didnt loose a thing so i guess it happens to us all going to weigh myself tomorow if i still aint lost im gona cry lol

Don't cry S:cry:, even if you don't see a weight loss, inches could be melting away. Plus the female body just holds onto weight sometimes, it is how we work. Give yourself a break and don't let the scales be punishment. What is more important is healthy habits and if you have been 'good' then it will pay off, just not always in speedy way.

((HUGS))
Nic

Back