• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can someone pls put my mind at rest!

CHUCKY

hi i am 15 days post op and havent lost any weight since i came out of hospital:cry:.I have lost 2 stone since i started pre op diet but getting worried my op hasnt worked or is this normal?
:sigh:
Any info advice would be gratefully recieved.
Thanks in advance

when you are in hospital they pump you full of fluids - this can take 1-2 weeks to get out of the system - many people put on weight at this stage. I am sure you will start to lose again soon...

2 stone already is brilliant.

It's normal. You are swollen and healing and packed full of excess fluid right now. Also, your body has probably gone into starvation mode as you are probably not taking in many calories right now.

Best thing you can do is drink plenty of fluids (a good 2 litres a day), get yourself up and mobile and try to take some walks, and make sure you are eating plenty too.

thanks margaret your very kind. I kept thnking b4 i bet i am one of the ones it dont work for, And now i have not lost for 2 weeks my fears are coming true.

thanks guys its so new trying to get head around eating and drinking.
Seems like i am either eating or drinking all day.
Cheers for great advice

dont worry darling. remember your healing.xx

its taken me over a week for my tum to go back to normal after all the hartmans i had and i never had anything done .xx

Have to echo everyone else, don't worry and eat & drink as much as possible which I know goes against every diet you have ever done, lol. Just know that during the first 2 weeks post-op it is very common to see no loss, especially with such a huge loss pre-op (way to go by the way). It is not really expected or even very safe you to loose more than a couple of stone in a month so you are right on track. Once you graduate to sloppy foods you will probably see loss again since that will help bring you out of starvation mode and into fat burning mode. Make sure you are getting lost of protein, it will help speed things along and help you heal faster.

Nic:D

(((((big hugs to you)))) and am sure the weight will soon be dropping off you xxx

Back