• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight watchers wine

simplylucy

I'd like to have a drink at a party tomorrow night. I've purchased some mini bottles of weight watchers wine. It's 2.2g of sugar per 100 ml so there won't be a dumping problem.

I've not touched alcohol since august when I started my pre-op diet. I've got a bottle chilling in the fridge to have a practice run for tomorrow but I'm too scared to try it!

Do you think it'll be ok?
It's only 80 calories, or something like that!

Blimey fancy being scared to drink a glass of wine! Sad hey!

Lol.....Im sure you will be fine. I know exactly how you feel though being scared to try it, I havnt drank since my pre-op either and Id be scared too! Ive been told that it can affect you a lot more than pre-op so just be careful :D Enjoy XX

I still drink wine regularly - albeit only half a glass. It doesn't affect me and a little of what you enjoy doesn't do any harm !

LOL! Perhaps it's a wee bit too soon for you...

Hi Lucy I still struggle with wine a bit - if you want a drink try vodka with cranberry or orange . . lots of ice to make it fairly dilute and it goes down ok!! One drink lasts a whole evening - I too am now a cheap date!

Im 8 months post and will only drink wine in the house as after a couple of glasses I'm knocked off my feet lol, if I go out I have vodka and coke and they are fine :)

I can have a few glasses of wine without it affecting me too badly... the one thing I do have to watch is how much it dehydrates me, can't get the water in quick enough like I used to. x

Well I'm officially going tea total!

I drank about 2 thirds of a glass, very tasty! But boy I felt rough, mega sweats and hot flushes, not sure if it was the alcohol or dumping.

I woke up this morning and ached all over, really dehydrated.

I've never been a regular drinker, never drink at home and go months between drinks. Really wouldn't take much to give up alcohol altogether. I guess pre-surgery I'd be called a binge drinker, go out 4 or 5 times a year and get totally hammered. I'd think nothing of drinking 2 or 3 bottles of wine or polishing off a bottle of vodka ( not a litre bottle!) I never suffered with hangovers either!

So that's it alcohol is off the menu! I'll be the driver from now on, good job I know how to party well without needed a drink, no one will know the difference and I'll get to remember everyone elses antics!

You sound like me Lucy, I was never a big drinker either......maybe a couple of times a year I would have a blow out and get a bit drunk! It really doesnt bother me not drinking, the only thing Im worried about is other people getting on my nerves when they are drunk lol....well, we will see tonight :D XX

Sorry to hear it made you feel so grotty! Its really not worth feeling like that is it.

Im sure you will have fun with that camera too x

Back