• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems with Dietician

janet_hi

Well I had my Dieticians appointment on the 13/4/15 that was cancelled from last month due to Dietician being off sick But I saw Consultant who said I was ready for Surgery May/June. he was pleased with my 4kg weight loss and since seeing him I've lost another 1kg so since referral I've lost 1stone 1lb.

Well I thought to be honest was the best policy so I get asked lots of questions on food and what I like and don't then she asks if I use a tea plate I said no but my normal plates have a inner circle that is the same size as t/plate, so I'm learning to eat slower and until full and leave the rest. She says do you chew meat 20 times each piece I said no I don't count 20 times but do chew for longer and it's well chewed. Then, she said do you drink 2 ltr of water I said I probably don't drink 2ltrs every day but I do drink plenty. She said to know if your drinking enough water if it looks like a light white wine your drinking enough if its dark you need more water. I said that's a good tip!

Then she hit's me with have you practised your milk diet for three days I said no! She then said I was told at the group session that I should do it I said no they said if you wanted to you could practice either 1000 calorie or Milk diet but over the years I've done both and will do milk. I said I had a terrible choking cough at my Group Session so my husband came in with me as I knew I would need to keep leaving the room and he stayed so I didn't miss anything. He said they did not say you had to do it before seeing dietician it was if you wanted to try it with no hint of how many days. The reply was you still have to do it as if you cannot manage the diet than surgery would have to be cancelled etc. etc.

She then says so because I haven't done the milk diet I will have to come back to see her on 12th June to say I chew my meat 20 times to have had milk diet 3 days and drinking 2ltrs water a day!!! I said I can start my 3 days milk tomorrow, I cant believe nobody asked last month have you done the milk diet as it will delay your surgery if I knew I had to do it I would of.

Then they said oh by the way there was a problem with your bloods on your 1st visit in November it say in notes what was wrong but have your bloods done today!

She said you look very disappointed I said I don't want to sound ungrateful because I'm not I appreciate that your going to do this surgery for me. But, your telling me now my bloods were wrong from November, reply it's probably your lacking in vitamins etc. I said I have been taking a Multi-vitamin and calcium for about 3 months so if it's that I should be fine! She says did we tell you to take them I said no I was a member on here and that I was getting a lot of advice from WLS forum. She said I would take what you read from here with a pinch of salt.

I said well I've got more information off here than I have from you and it might have saved me hopefully from being deficient in something! Unless it something worse than that!

I feel really let down :'o( I said I'm back at square one, she said no your not! But I am, I still don't know what surgery or when it might be! I know Dietician can't help being sick but there should of been a back up plan............

Well I have completed 2 days and I'm starting day 3 of my milk diet tomorrow just to show it's not a problem and I can do it!

Also Consultant said I was ready for Surgery May/June now your saying to see you on 12th June with no idea when surgery will be as you don't know how long surgery will be!

Sorry for the rant folks:mad:

Sounds like you're been treated shoddily to me, why wait till now to tell you and your tests , back in November need re doing ! Maybe during the group meeting at the end just go over the "what you all need to do by next meeting"points because I found so much gets said you dont really take it all in my guess is you won't be the only one, cold comfort I know
regarding WLS forum and advise ......ive found this site to be like my online go to bible , someone has bound to have experienced or thought of a question or knows someone who has been through someone your currently in the middle of
I wish you luck

Seriously, sounds a bit of a jobsworth attitude, but I guess you have to jump through hoops to get surgery on the NHS. Pretty poor about your bloods though , hopefully they'll come back ok. Chin up!

Janet
It seems to me that all of us have many many obsticles put in our way just as you think your on track another doctor/nurse/dietician changes the rules and you end up frustrated and angry I think they hope we will give up. I've had many routes to follow and postponements over the last 3 years but stick at it you will get your operation and life change eventually. I think it's a test to see if we are able to live a life where food isn't the centre of our world. The thing is we all know that's not true anyway but dieticians seem to think we just sit and eat all day.
Keep your chin up the longer you wait the more informed and ready you will it's a marathon not a sprint
4 days out from sleeve now so there is hope
Kim x

Thanks everyone for your words of advise, made me feel a lot better not so disheartened now! I'll keep on track until my next appointment knowing I have done everything that has been asked of me! :0)

Hey there Janet, don't let their shenanigans get you down. You will get past this, you will get your surgery and get on the road to a healthier you, on the other hand that dietitian will probably still be a mean cow this time next year ;)

It makes me laugh when dieticians say things like that about these forums. Most of them have never a food problem in their life, let alone been fat, it helps to talk to people who have been there.

Back