• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a immature ignorant attitude from an adult!

I genuinely never liked him in the first place. This just confirms my thoughts about him.
He is totally without talent - think about it; what can he actually do? His 'act' is to make fun of people, berate them and victimise them. Nothing short of a bully, really.
If he was a child in school, his parents would be sent for and he would probably be excluded.
He should have 'grown out of it' at his age.
I think we should all treat his views with the contempt they deserve.

This article was written in January, and isnt him talking to the newspaper - its quotes from his stand up show. In the show, he is taking the P!ss out of himself for being fat - so once again the newspapers have quoted the bits of the show to cause controversy.

He is overweight himself as you have all already said, if you watched the show in which he made these comments you would take it in a completely different context.

Award-winning Gervais, who is close friends with Jonathan Ross

Well that says it all really.............both are big mouthed, foul, obnoxious, ignoramous Male Chauvenistic Pigs! Wonder if he will be a guest speaker at the next Weight Watchers AGM???

HI all
Please do not be angry or sad about this article. This article along with his humour is aimed at the teenage age group and he has millions of fans who think that this is funny. He has always been out to shock and will say controversial things. Any celebratory worth their weight in gold, will say or do something so that people will buy their products, or go and see them. A good example of this is Katie Price Aka Jordan, she has nothing going for her other than the very obvious.

He is a comedian and through the years I have been shocked by sexism, racism and now joking about wls. It is a media article intended for us to be angry but it is a complete and utter waste of your emotions.

If you want to be really angry and sad look at deeper issues like third world poverty and not arseholes like our lovely Ricky. He has always been overweight and struggled himself and has been told to diet because of ill health - answer is there really.

Love
Rosie xx

Hi,

I can't stick him or his best mate Jonathan Ross:mad:. They are both pig ignorant who's only 'talent' is to make fun of others. I'm sure all the WLS actresses in Hollywood will be sharpening there knives and his career will go down the pan:(.

Well if there is justice in this world:D.

Take Care

Paula XX

A talentless Turd not worthy of a second thought :kissass:

oh only if it was as easy as that for some of us doesnt he realise weve tried and failed and for some of us this is the reason why where getin the op in the first place for others its due to medical reasons and like he can talk omg he wouldnt win any prizes for slimmer of the year would he ?

soontobethinsue ive always laughed at myself hun b4 anyone else could get in ther with any fat jokes im all for not takin yaself to seriously and i dont i often laugh at take the p out of myself and when i get skitted it dont bother me but what he said was out of order yes he might of been takin the p out of himself coz he aint so slim but hes not goin for surgery is he and he doesnt know what its like to face surgery if we didnt have to get op we wouldnt would we where doin this coz we need to coz its certanily is no easy way out is it lin.x

This wasn't a newspaper article I heard all this months ago on tv :)

I am talking about myself here before anyone has ago at me....................
At the end of the day I was fat and overweight because I was lazy, I didn't exercise, I ate too much, I didn't care about my appearance blah blah blah

I went for gastric banding because I couldn't be bothered trying diet after diet after diet anymore, im not saying its the easy way out for people but its easier for me, it doesn't allow me to over-eat and it doesn't allow me to eat fatty food as it makes me feel really ill so to me that is easier than any diet I have ever been on and I think I have been on them all!! I had the money sitting there so I thought i'll put it to good use and I did and im glad I did, the first few weeks were the hardest now its the easiest thing in the world for me

None of us got fat by exercising and eating healthy, we all got fat by eating the wrong things and doing no exercise so Ricky G is right in what he says but he just could have said it better but we all say things that should have come out a different way ;)

Thats my opinion so dont be having a go at me, im not a robot I dont think like everyone else plus I take what people say with a pinch of salt, he got what he wanted..... air time and now we are talking about him so what he said 'worked'

EDIT

I just thought of this while doing my make-up.....as an overweight person (who is now gettin skinny :woohoo:) not one person could say ANYTHING to me about my weight without me getting my back up, I instantly went on the defensive, got moody and how dare you.... :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Yes its not right that others slate fat people but its our own doing no-one else made us fat we chose to over-eat and not exercise, black people, homosexuals etc didn't choose to be that they were born like that, we weren't born fat we chose that route ourselves, I dont know why we get soooooo defensive but we need to realise that being fat is not good and not healthy and we have to do something about it and stop relying on others to wrap us up in cotton wool and tell us everything is ok when it isn't

I JUST WANT TO REPEAT THAT THIS IS WHAT 'I' THINK IM NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE ELSE....JUST ME :)

Last edited:

At the end of the day I was fat and overweight because I was lazy, I didn't exercise, I ate too much, I didn't care about my appearance blah blah blah

None of us got fat by exercising and eating healthy, we all got fat by eating the wrong things and doing no exercise so Ricky G is right in what he says but he just could have said it better but we all say things that should have come out a different way ;)

Thats my opinion so dont be having a go at me, im not a robot I dont think like everyone else plus I take what people say with a pinch of salt, he got what he wanted..... air time and now we are talking about him so what he said 'worked'

Totally agree with this.

he is just a sad little man but dont diss peter kay he is brill.

Sounds to me like he is fighting a losing battle with his weight and wishes he could do something more permanent about it - just a bit of amateur psychology here. The people who criticize the loudest are normally the ones who are suffering the most inside - still, his problem not mine. Its Jimmy Carr who really gets my goat - he makes fattist/sizest jokes an artform - vile little man.

Peter Kay rocks!

Some of you have mentioned that this was an article in the paper that has been edited in a way to make US angry...If this is so (because I never saw the article) then fair enough, we are angry at the wrong person for that....But he does still exploit the fat, the disabled and the starving in third world countries...if you'll pardon the pun, it's his bread and butter.

The other thing is, I might be fat, but I object to being called a F##king lazy b###ard who needs to get off my a#se...

I tell you another thing...not everyone got fat because they ate too much and was lazy...some people are grossly overweight because they have a physical or mental health condition, or on certain drugs, or became incapacitated through illness or accident...Neither he nor anyone else should lump all fat folk together anyway.

I will not be insulted to that degree, especially when at our detriment it lines someone else's pocket...The only way I can protest in this case, is switch over when he's on TV or by never buying anything with him in it, never pay to see a film he is in etc etc...

I understand that the government has made things worse by "political correctness" because it does not include everyone in it...(I won't go into that right now)....but sheer common sense, empathy, understanding and sheer compassion for another human being should be taught from cot to the grave...People know right from wrong....and I believe it was Mr Shaw Somers who said something along the lines of "If we spoke to people of different races and religions the way fat people are spoken to, there would be a lot of people locked up right now"...That is, unfortunately very true!

(((hugs)))

never liked him but he will be a fat nobody in a few years and we will all be losers ha ha we will have last laf ....jeff

Snowcrystal I couldn't agree more with you!
What a good post and so well worded.

What a stupid un-intelligent ill-informed ****wit. What more can I say the blokes a tosser. Hope he does a search of his own anem and gets to this site and reads these comments from us "fatties" that wont get off our fat arses and lose weight the "normal way !!! fuming !!!!!!!!!!

That was own name !!!

I went for gastric banding because I couldn't be bothered trying diet after diet after diet anymore, im not saying its the easy way out for people but its easier for me, it doesn't allow me to over-eat and it doesn't allow me to eat fatty food as it makes me feel really ill so to me that is easier than any diet I have ever been on and I think I have been on them all!! I had the money sitting there so I thought i'll put it to good use and I did and im glad I did, the first few weeks were the hardest now its the easiest thing in the world for me

EDIT

I just thought of this while doing my make-up.....as an overweight person (who is now gettin skinny :woohoo:) not one person could say ANYTHING to me about my weight without me getting my back up, I instantly went on the defensive, got moody and how dare you.... :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Yes its not right that others slate fat people but its our own doing no-one else made us fat we chose to over-eat and not exercise, black people, homosexuals etc didn't choose to be that they were born like that, we weren't born fat we chose that route ourselves, I dont know why we get soooooo defensive but we need to realise that being fat is not good and not healthy and we have to do something about it and stop relying on others to wrap us up in cotton wool and tell us everything is ok when it isn't

I JUST WANT TO REPEAT THAT THIS IS WHAT 'I' THINK IM NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE ELSE....JUST ME :)

I agree with almost everything you say for some people however and this is the where we differ... A lot of people including this man, judge others by their own standards. Someone like this awful little man (sorry I'm in the don't get this humour camp) maybe is overweight purely because he is lazy and over eats but some of us are not.

In my case and many others I know of, only became fat when I was TOO ILL to exercise and for no other reason. Because of the lack of mobility I have to be on a less then 500 calorie a day diet to lose the weight. For someone like me surgery was the ONLY answer.

I did not get fat because I ate too much or was lazy, I got fat because I was almost wheelchair/housebound due to the pain. the pain came first not the fat. So with that in mind I do find his outspoken outbursts highly offensive. But then he's no different to the likes of Ross, Clarkson or Russel Brand, all of whom seem to think its ok to be offensive towards others without a concience.

People like him make me sick!

Last edited:
Some of you have mentioned that this was an article in the paper that has been edited in a way to make US angry...If this is so (because I never saw the article) then fair enough, we are angry at the wrong person for that....But he does still exploit the fat, the disabled and the starving in third world countries...if you'll pardon the pun, it's his bread and butter.

The other thing is, I might be fat, but I object to being called a F##king lazy b###ard who needs to get off my a#se...

I tell you another thing...not everyone got fat because they ate too much and was lazy...some people are grossly overweight because they have a physical or mental health condition, or on certain drugs, or became incapacitated through illness or accident...Neither he nor anyone else should lump all fat folk together anyway.

I will not be insulted to that degree, especially when at our detriment it lines someone else's pocket...The only way I can protest in this case, is switch over when he's on TV or by never buying anything with him in it, never pay to see a film he is in etc etc...

I understand that the government has made things worse by "political correctness" because it does not include everyone in it...(I won't go into that right now)....but sheer common sense, empathy, understanding and sheer compassion for another human being should be taught from cot to the grave...People know right from wrong....and I believe it was Mr Shaw Somers who said something along the lines of "If we spoke to people of different races and religions the way fat people are spoken to, there would be a lot of people locked up right now"...That is, unfortunately very true!

(((hugs)))

Very well said, Snowcrystal!

Back