• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do i need

lisa45

Hello can any of you tell me what i will have to take in to hospital with me iam having band fitted on the 27th ..:(

Hi Lisa,

Have a look at this thread here

Are you a day patient or staying over?

Either way, call the ward sister on the ward you will be on, she will tell you what you can or cannot bring. Some hospital have very strict guidelines.

I was told only to bring clean underwear and a toothbrush, and some slippers. As they only let you wear the hospital gowns whilst there (was only in 12 hours).

Hello can any of you tell me what i will have to take in to hospital with me iam having band fitted on the 27th ..:(
I took far too much - I was in and out in no time and hardly used any of it! I got a list from the hospital about what I would need so as someone else has said - best idea is to ask! Good luck!

I took plenty to read, a book and a load of mags, could not be bothered reading the book but the mags were great to flick through whilst watching the tv....xx

hi ya hun i had my band opp last last monday and i took tooth brush /paste clothes to go home in trust me u wont need a bra as there will be a cut were ur bra sits so u wont want to were one i also took a towl as i had a shower the nxt day at hos brush for ur hair slippers books i did take a night gown but never got to were it as i had there one on and when i had a shower the next day i put my own clothes on to go home phone change for the tv by ur bed if u want to watch it thats all i can think of oww and deodrent heheh hope it all gose well x x gd luck

I will be taking the usual toiletries, towel, lots of clean pant's, my dressing gown, nightie (not p'js) a book, my DS, my mp3 player and i think my elliot teddy to make me feel better lol :D
xx

Can't think of anything to add that the others haven't already said but wanted to wish you luck for your op xx

Do you think i would be allowed to bring my fiance with me...teeheehee :D
xx

i took PJ's
dressing gown
slippers
lipsyl a definate as lips were so dry
toiletries
towel
mobile(blackberry so could email)
magazine never got touched
reading glasses for some reason couldnt see phone without them and usually can.
knickers.
HTH
hc

Back