• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for Brett and anyone else who went to the Whittington

Meggie

Hi Brett,
Hope you don't mind me asking, how was the Whittington for the whole process. Was everyone very friendly and helpful? What about any aftercare etc? I have my first appointment on the 27th of August (or hopefully sooner if all goes well!!!).

Any positivies/negatives that you can tell me would be much appreciated!!!

Also, how long did u take from initial enquiry with the GP to actual op? Did you have a band or bypass????

Thanks in advance!!!

Bump xxx

Bumpity bump bump!!

Hi Meggie

I had my bypass at the Whittington in April. What I would advise is to have a look at the video on the Whittington NLOSS website which is a great introduction to the hospital and the processes and you will see all the people you will be involved with.

Mr Sufi is a star, tells it as it is and is a surgeon extraodinare! My dealings with Mr Heath have been minimal but I understand he is a wizz with the scalpel too! Kirsten the bariatric nurse is the best person to know - she is fabulous and gets things done and has the ear of both surgeons. Lucy the dietitian is lovely and understanding. Aftercare is exemplary - they are all available by email or phone if you have any problems and you get a very quick reply. Think you are in the system post surgery for two years before you are discharged. You have quarterly meets with the dietitian, she organises blood tests to make sure all is as it should be. You could not be in better hands - Im thrilled with the service Ive received thus far. Only fallback is the admin - you have to chase and chase - letters dont get sent, files get lost etc but its not the NLOSS staff, its the admin

Thanks Hun. Very weird Reading my first post now as that was written at the start of July. I have already had my group session and have my meeting with the consultant on the 6th of September! Not bad considering my original group session was booked for the end of sept I think! I have learnt so much in such a short time and I have all if you wonderful people to thank for that. You will never know how muchhelp you have been and how much your support means to me. Thank you all! You are fab!!!!!!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back