• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What foods are definate no no's after having a band?

mummykcb

Hi
I just wanted to know all of you that have had the band what foods are a deffinately NO NO ?

I have listed my favourite foods and drinks and woudl like to know if I coudl carry on eating them :

Bread especialy french sticks
Chicken
steak
tuna
lamb chops
potatoes
oven chips
cider !!!
coke (the drink)

what about a meal out - can you eat a light meal like pubs do ?

Thanks sorry to ask bet most of you think idiot !
xxx

Hello i know this is an old post but if you like cider but as a bander cant have fizz i discovered a cider at the eden project that is still not sparkling. have a look on their website.Wassail, blend of cider and apple juice available online at Eden Project Shop

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Now I have really stupid question! (but I can't help it, I still have to ask).

If you say that bread is no no after getting banded, does it mean that birthday cake and Danish pastries are no no too? I don't want to look like some greedy pig, I don't really eat birthday cake that often (only twice a year, on my and my husband's birthdays) but somehow it is a part of the tradition for birthdays, so I am wondering whether we will have to change our birthday celebrations. And the Danish pastries - once a month I am meeting with my friends for coffee and we always have the pastries, also a bit of tradition, though not as important one.

You may be able to tolerate them. What you have to consider though is if you carry on doing what you always did you may not lose weight - in which case why have the band :confused:

To get the best out of your op you will have to make lifestyle changes.

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
I've done trial and error, mostly the latter on just about most things wheat based. They hurt like hell in my stomach, so they are an enforced no, no. These include bread of any type, pitta, wraps, cake, biscuits, batter, breaded coatings, pastries (Oh think of the butter, tut tut), toast, pasta, rice. I can eat Melba Toast and Ryveta - yay!

As Mazza says, this is just the lifestyle change that is needed and it's just the kick up the backside that I need.

I am craving toast like you wouldn't believe but if I never have it again, it will be a small price to pay for the weight loss, better health and all over well being.

A treat isn't a treat if it's bad for you in any quantity. A treat for me is doing something new or with my good friends.

caroline4013

No food is a no no some of us choose not to eat certain thing and others can't as they get stuck I can't eat bread most red meat chips rice or pasta sometimes fish sometimes chicken but that is a physical thing as my band won't let me but diet wise I choose not to eat cake ,bread pasta etc if that makes sense :) x

What do you now eat Snack? x

Hanako

You may be able to tolerate them. What you have to consider though is if you carry on doing what you always did you may not lose weight - in which case why have the band :confused:

To get the best out of your op you will have to make lifestyle changes.

I know. It is not like if I was planning the cake every day. But it is sort of tradition for birthday to have a birthday cake. It may be much smaller size, but it is like if we had Christmas without a Christmas tree...

snack

I have days when I can eat some things better then other so today I could eat chicken but tomorrow not my band is very strange lol just like its owner, my diet is very high lean protein with limited carbs so normally one egg scrambled for brekkie lunch is salad with what ever meat I can get down and dinner is an M&S fuller for longer meal I also have a few coffees lots of water and if I really hungry then maybe a low fat hot choc drink but that is it no bikkies choc or crisps as yet now I've got into the 12 stone bracket I will relax a little bit xx