• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What other health problems do you have?

uncontrollable hypertension
Type 2 diabeties
syndrome x
Familiar hyperlipidemia
Astma
Obstructive sleep apnea
Artritus
The list goes on and im on 29 tablets a day hopefully op will cure all of the problems

jack i hope it does for you x

I have:
Hypothroidism (underactive thyroid gland) and am on an extremely high dose of medication for it

High blood pressure for which i take 2 different tablets a day,

Asthma, and breathlessness

Underactive thyroid

I have an underactive thyroid and currently take 175mg thyroxine
and also take peridopril tabs for High BP - Hope the fat won't be too stubborn shift cos of the medication

Just hope I can stick to Lipotrim (on day two) and shift the extra baggage - anyone else had similar prob and lost weight?

Have just been reading back through this thread again. It's amazing how many people seem to have the same or very similar problems when suffering with weight problems. I guess it's probably because they are related in some way, but often you feel that you are the only one to have so many problems and that when anyone asks you about them, you feel guilty listing so many because you feel that no one believes you. At least that's how I feel. I often don't mention all of mine as it would just make me sound like I suffered with only one thing - hyperchondria :8855:

It's comforting to know that others have the same problems and I can sympathise with you all.

Thanks for sharing.

Gerry I agree! I almost did not post on this thread back when you first wrote it because I felt guilty listing it all like I was making it up. So silly to feel that way when we all seem to suffer from multiple problems & like you said they overlap.

Cheers hun,
Nic;)

i think i should probably add depression to my list or maybe its just that seasonal sad thingy... but i just dont feel interested in anything, i wont go as far to say that lifes not worth living, but everything seems such hard work and what for. i was talking to a friend and mentioned casually about gastric banding well she made me feel like s..t she all but said that being fat is totally my fault (she has a point) eat less lose weight problem solved.. i asked why so many people have weight problems and yes you guessed she thinks we are all fat and lazy gluttons (well she sort of said that) how easy it all is in her head, but later i got to thinking and now i just feel embarassed and ashamed of my weight, i have changed so much i hardly ever go out now rather sit in watching tv. it seems that life goes on around me but doesnt include me anymore, i should also alter ticker as i think i have gained nearly all the weight i had lost, i think i am going to have to kick myself up the backside and get out of this, dont really want to tell doctor, he porbably would think im daft, anyone else ever feel like this? also while i feel so down it appears to make all of my other medical problems worse, sorry for the rant:cry:

wow I must be so luck as I have no ill health and never have had not even high colesteral or blood pressure

Interesting read thanx for posting

i think i should probably add depression to my list or maybe its just that seasonal sad thingy... but i just dont feel interested in anything, i wont go as far to say that lifes not worth living, but everything seems such hard work and what for. i was talking to a friend and mentioned casually about gastric banding well she made me feel like s..t she all but said that being fat is totally my fault (she has a point) eat less lose weight problem solved.. i asked why so many people have weight problems and yes you guessed she thinks we are all fat and lazy gluttons (well she sort of said that) how easy it all is in her head, but later i got to thinking and now i just feel embarassed and ashamed of my weight, i have changed so much i hardly ever go out now rather sit in watching tv. it seems that life goes on around me but doesnt include me anymore, i should also alter ticker as i think i have gained nearly all the weight i had lost, i think i am going to have to kick myself up the backside and get out of this, dont really want to tell doctor, he porbably would think im daft, anyone else ever feel like this? also while i feel so down it appears to make all of my other medical problems worse, sorry for the rant:cry:

Hey it's not a rant. I feel exactly the same as you. I've been virtually nowhere on my own for well over a month now. Although I should have more independance because I have an electric scooter, my back has got so bad (thanks to a badly installed Tesco speed hump :mad:) that I'm frightened to try and get it out of the car in case I can't get it back in again. If I can park right outside a shop I can walk a little way, but that's usually not possible. Non-disabled people hogging disabled parking bays hack me off something chronic. Just because of their selfishness I don't even get the chance to get out of my car, let alone into any shops. I also get Seasonal Affective Dissorder, and most of the winter is spent shut indoors with the blinds down. I only really go anywhere if someone else can take me.

I've always felt like even health professionals don't believe me when I start reeling off all the problems I have, so I usually just put up with them and don't say anything. I've tried exercising more since Christmas, but now I am having more problems with aches and pains in my joints, so I feel like I'm in a no win situation :(.

Still comforting to know I'm not the only one, and not just a whinging old bag ;).

Back