• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I still have it laparoscopically ?

angelajoy1961

Bypass on 23rd June
Hi Just re-reading the BOSPA info re bypass and it says that peeps who have had previous abdominal surgery can't have the bypass done laparoscopically and have to have the larger open incision. I'm getting concerned as I've had my gall bladder out so does that count as abdominal surgery or do they mean something much more major ? I've also had a C-section so is that going to cause problems ?

Any advice very gratefully received.

Angela xx

Reactions: Bev
Hi Angela, I've had my gallbladder, bile duct out, plus had pancreatitis and other ops... and I've still been approved to have a laproscopic bypass later in January. It's really got to be an individual decision based on your Surgeon's advice... I can only speak for my situation but hope this helps.

Love, hugs and good luck xxx

hi sweets ive had two sections and im having my sleeve done by key hole....good luck xx

Thanks Bev, I think I'm just panicking myself haha. Being sensible, if I ever get into a bikini I'm going to be so pleased that I won't care if my body looks like a piece of graph paper with criss-crossed scars !
Thanks for the reassurance.

Angela

Thanks Kelly - I'm going to stop worrying about it now lol.

Angela xx

I've had a full hysterectomy plus ovaries taken too... so got lots of gaps inside...hahaha... but I'm just happy to have been put forward for the keyhole surgery for the bypass and if I had to be totally honest... I doubt I'll ever wear a bikini, never have in my life, due to stretch marks etc... so my patchwork quilt of a tummy is going to remain covered even when I've lost weight... hahaha...

Love and hugs Angel... we'll get there and hang onto us xxx

have you seen the gorgeous one pieces you can buy now? Who needs a bikini? LOL
Be guided by your surgeon. I have had c section and open gall bladder removal and he is doing laparoscopic

omg i could NEVER imagine me in a bikini x

I have had two csections in the bikini line but my hysterectomy was belly button down,thats when I got my hernia.Hope I can get done laprascopically,but if they can do the hernia at the same time dont really mind!

I've had multiple abdominal surgerys and still had my bypass keyhole - took a bit longer as they had to work round adhesions (stuck bits from other ops) but they still managed it thankfully.

Hi,
I have had lots of abdominal surgeries including 2 surgeries which went wrong and needed to have massive blood transfusions. I went into theatre for bypass hoping for laparoscopic but expecting open surgery. Unfortunatly I had to have open surgery as I had too many adhesions. However I dont regret it at all. Its the best thing I8mhave ever had done! Just ensure you speak to your surgeon and prepare for the worst case scenario, in terms of help at home post op. Then keep fingers crossed for laparoscopic!
Good luck.
xxxxxxxx

angelajoy1961 said:
Hi Just re-reading the BOSPA info re bypass and it says that peeps who have had previous abdominal surgery can't have the bypass done laparoscopically and have to have the larger open incision. I'm getting concerned as I've had my gall bladder out so does that count as abdominal surgery or do they mean something much more major ? I've also had a C-section so is that going to cause problems ?

Any advice very gratefully received.

Angela xx

I had an open gallbladder removal and I was still able to have lap bypass so I wouldnt worry unless you have pretty bad adhesions internally.

Hi
I had keyhole bypass, and have been told that i can have my gall bladder out that way also.
So i'm assuming that information may not be correct x

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I think I might start looking into a tummy tattoo to incorporate my scars and stretch marks. I could have a map of my home town lol.

Back