• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats needed first couple of weeks post op!?

JO28172

Hi all, my op is next tue and I am waiting on my letter confirming post op diet etc..what can I be buying in advance so I'm stocked up ready? ps I don't cook from scratch so anything tinned would be good! x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I got in a stock of soups including weight watchers tomato and chicken. Cup a soups are also useful. I also got some frozen weight watchers meals like shepherds pie and ocean pie for the puree stage. Each will do two meals and same with the soups. I bought some crystal light and protein shakes.

Best thing I did though was to make sure that when I cooked a casserole or stew for the family I purred a small portion for freezing. Same with home made soups. Thanks to a tip from Peterborough Guy I bought 30 baby food containers with lids off eBay and they have proved extremely useful.

hello jo. im 4 weeks post now . i cooked soups and froze them in yoghurt pots so i could have one at a time when needed . i have porridge every morning still. veg and meat each day , yoghurts and plenty of no added sugar juice as went off tea and coffee. lemon juice my favourite.lots of fruit in house too.

wont be long till you on losers bench gl and may ya op go to plan xx

Hi

I had, in no particular order:

Slim fast
Smoothies
Yoghurty milk shake
Milk shake
Fruit juice - small amounts
Soups with no bits
Tea with skimmed
Milky coffee
Water

Good luck x

Thanks all...off to tescos I go!!! Exciting!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was allowed sugar free jelly as part of my fluids diet after my op, they are great if you want a bit of texture in your mouth.. it feels like your eating lol

i'd say, some no sugar ice lollies, or you could make your own.

NAS squash. Home made soups and blankets!

x

i'm DS so i don't dump sorry :) but i think it's something to do when certain foods don't agree with your body and they affect you in ways like sugar rushes and hot or cold sweats diorhea etc some people feel really poorly after they've eaten something bad but i think it's mainly bypass as sleeve and ds still have pyloric sphyncta which stops food going through too quickly :) if i'm wrong i apologise in advance as i'm sure someone will let you know definitely xx

Banders DON'T dump!!! It's for bypasser please do not worry about this xxx

What is dumping?? How will you know?? X

Dont worry as Mis said banders dont dump!

Jo started this thread before she had her band. New threads are sometimes responded to without the responders 'realising' which op the original poster has had :confused: x

Back