• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks and beyond!

p_relf

Hi All,

Well Im 4 weeks post op and starting on the normalish eating stage!

I have my dietician review on the 5th November and my first fill on the 10th! What are people's general daily diet like? I need ideas for breaky, lunch and dinner please! Started using my fitness pal but think I need to adjust my settings for my daily in take I think! Thanks in advance :) Paul

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I use MFP but do not take any notice of the maximum amounts it tells me I should be having, neither do I offset the extra calories from exercise against what I have eaten. I work towards the max 1000 cals that my provider has said should be my limit.

I don't eat breakfast as Im just not hungry, so during the morning I drink, have tea or coffee and then will have something around 12pm. At this point I may have a yoghurt, or some no added sugar muesli with a very small dash of milk with chopped apple or pear. Or I will have rice cakes or melba toasts with sliced ham or quark or tuna.

Lunchtime is mid afternoon for me and again, melba toasts, rice cakes with ham or chicken and quark, if out and about at work etc I have the tuna light lunches. Good source of protein and low in cals. I will sometimes have a plate of salad again with some form of protein.

Evening meals I have chicken, lean meat or fish, with vegetables, find that green veg such as beans and peas keep me fuller for longer than some others, but I always have mixed vegetables. I don't have potatoes with my meal as I just don't need it and I avoid gravy if I can because it helps to keep it drier and then you fuller for longer.

If Im in a rush I will sometimes have a sainsburys good for you cooked meal, shepherds pie, cottage pie, chicken and mushroom pie. Or I make my own and top it with mashed swede and carrot. I will sometimes have an omelette but my provider limits 4 eggs a week.

Always have as much protein as I can, and I eat a large amount of baked chicken breast.

But crunchier and drier the better, as it keeps you fuller for longer :)

top_kat said:
I use MFP but do not take any notice of the maximum amounts it tells me I should be having, neither do I offset the extra calories from exercise against what I have eaten. I work towards the max 1000 cals that my provider has said should be my limit.

I don't eat breakfast as Im just not hungry, so during the morning I drink, have tea or coffee and then will have something around 12pm. At this point I may have a yoghurt, or some no added sugar muesli with a very small dash of milk with chopped apple or pear. Or I will have rice cakes or melba toasts with sliced ham or quark or tuna.

Lunchtime is mid afternoon for me and again, melba toasts, rice cakes with ham or chicken and quark, if out and about at work etc I have the tuna light lunches. Good source of protein and low in cals. I will sometimes have a plate of salad again with some form of protein.

Evening meals I have chicken, lean meat or fish, with vegetables, find that green veg such as beans and peas keep me fuller for longer than some others, but I always have mixed vegetables. I don't have potatoes with my meal as I just don't need it and I avoid gravy if I can because it helps to keep it drier and then you fuller for longer.

If Im in a rush I will sometimes have a sainsburys good for you cooked meal, shepherds pie, cottage pie, chicken and mushroom pie. Or I make my own and top it with mashed swede and carrot. I will sometimes have an omelette but my provider limits 4 eggs a week.

Always have as much protein as I can, and I eat a large amount of baked chicken breast.

But crunchier and drier the better, as it keeps you fuller for longer :)

Thanks top Kat that's helped a lot! Going to think of lots of questions for the dietician when I speak to her! :)) hope ur well!

Hi there

When I first started on 'crunchy' I was having: -

Brekkie - Special k and dash of milk or ryvita/crackers etc with extra light philly, vegetable omelette with feta

Lunch - 2 ryvita, tin of ww tuna in tomato, and chopped cucumber and peppers or mackerel salad with croutons

afternoon - cereal bar

tea: - fish, turkey mince with veg and new potato or sweet potato/jacket

snack - mousse and strawberries

at first I wasn't eating many carbs but when I emailed my dietician my food plan she told me to include carbs for energy, eg, jackets, new pots in skin,

I am now 8 weeks out and have added wholemeal pitta which I am finding a godsend, for brekkie today Ive just had a toasted pitta with boiled egg, nice and filling.

To be honest I am eating most things now just a lot less.

I have my 2nd fill tomorrow and will weigh in again, haven't been weighed for 4 weeks.

Any questions just ask x x

Wobbly71 said:
Hi there

When I first started on 'crunchy' I was having: -

Brekkie - Special k and dash of milk or ryvita/crackers etc with extra light philly, vegetable omelette with feta

Lunch - 2 ryvita, tin of ww tuna in tomato, and chopped cucumber and peppers or mackerel salad with croutons

afternoon - cereal bar

tea: - fish, turkey mince with veg and new potato or sweet potato/jacket

snack - mousse and strawberries

at first I wasn't eating many carbs but when I emailed my dietician my food plan she told me to include carbs for energy, eg, jackets, new pots in skin,

I am now 8 weeks out and have added wholemeal pitta which I am finding a godsend, for brekkie today Ive just had a toasted pitta with boiled egg, nice and filling.

To be honest I am eating most things now just a lot less.

I have my 2nd fill tomorrow and will weigh in again, haven't been weighed for 4 weeks.

Any questions just ask x x

God you are doing so well, that's really good! I hope to be as good as you when I reach that stage! I'm still in the "frightened to eat anything" stage lol!!! X

Back