• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whittington Bods next Support Group

Hello there

i do not know if u know this but this isnt an open support group.....i called kirsten mcdougall to find out about me attending to be told only people who have are having their op's done at whittingdon can attend support group..........sorry to waffle on just wanted to make sure your aware incase your not having it done there. (P.S.) also check the meeting is on as when i called to ask if I could attend I was also told by kirsten that the dates and times on the bospa website are incorrect. (cheers)

All the best - mejulie x x

I will (hopefully) be having my op at the Whittington. Is this a meeting I could go to or is it for post-op people???

Megg,
I know you can go specialy has you have an appointment with them, Im not sure about anyone who is not having surgery at whittington?
I have the dates I was given them a few weeks ago, so for the next one and ones after that are as follows....
July 16th 09
August 20th 09
Sept 17th 09
Oct 15th 09
Nov 19th 09
Dec 17th 09
Times 5:30 PM TO 7:30 PM
Held at, Archway Campus, Holborn Union
Building. Across the road from whittington hospital (near the bus stop.
There you go :D.
xx

That's good to know. Is it just a meeting for people to catch up and chat about their ops and any issues they may have? Sorry if this is a stupid question!!

Its not a stupid question! Megg, yes that is exactly what I was told, it is to talk to others waiting to have there ops or had theirs done already, they could be patients that had their ops done quite awhile ago too. I think there will be patients at all different stages.
It will be very informative to talk to people that have actually got the real experience.
X

Booooooooooooo. I can't go as I don't finish work til 6. Is it something I could come along to for the last hour or is it best to come for the whole thing???

I will def be coming to the one in August not 2 sure bout the july one x

I was hoping to make the July one so I can ask lots of questions before my 1st appointment. I will probably just go to the August one!

Thought I'd bump this up incase there are any new people to the forum who are going to the Whittington and don't know about it. I have asked work if I can finish at 5 so hopefully will only be a little bit late. Hope that is ok!!! Anyone else from here going??

Does anyone know the address for this? Work have said yay to an hour off so I will defo be able to come. How many people usually go???

Hi Megg,
Unfortunatly I cannot come along to this months meetings, Gary is working I can't manage on my own, Im hoping to make it for the August 20th or Sept 17th ones.
Megg the meetings are held at the 'Archway Campus, Holborn Union Building across the road from the Whittington.
Hugs xx

That's a shame hun. Would've been fun to meet up! I may still come to the August one but not gonna make any firm plans yet!!!

Is the actual place easy to find?? Is it in a separate room or just a corner of a bigger room???

Hi,
I have just got back from the support group and have to say I found it very informative!! I did find myself looking around and wondering if any of you lovely ladies (and gentlemen of course!!!) were there!!!

Hope everyone is well today!! Nearly the weekend!!!

hi ive just got my first appointment through to go to whittington on 6th august and i cant wait but am really nervous!
i would of loved to of come to the meeting but i live in milton keynes and its about 2-3 hrs drive there hopefully once ive had the bypass fingerscrossed ill be able to arrange to get down to a few appointments as it would be great to meet everyone.
meggimoo d wot time are u there on 6th aug for ur 1st appointment im there at 4 pm so minght see ya there,lol.

is anyone post op from whittington to give some advice on what goes off please?
natalie xx

hi ive just got my first appointment through to go to whittington on 6th august and i cant wait but am really nervous!
i would of loved to of come to the meeting but i live in milton keynes and its about 2-3 hrs drive there hopefully once ive had the bypass fingerscrossed ill be able to arrange to get down to a few appointments as it would be great to meet everyone.
meggimoo d wot time are u there on 6th aug for ur 1st appointment im there at 4 pm so minght see ya there,lol.

is anyone post op from whittington to give some advice on what goes off please?
natalie xx

we will be at the same meeting!! Will be nice to go if I already kind of know someone!!! I met kirsten at the support group who was absolutely lovely! I can't wait! Shame I'll have to!!

Just to let everyone else know, there won't be a meeting in august as kirsten is away, lucky thing!!! From what I've heard she deserves it, having to put up with us lot!

oh wow thats fantastic i will kinda know some1 there wooohooo
do u know if ur partners can come to the appointment too?

Sorry, I don't know for sure!!! I'm sure I've seen in some else's post that partners could come. I'd give them a call and find out!!!

Back