• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who's been approved or had RNY bypass?

tuu

Hi all its been nearly a week since I had my meeting with the team at St Richards Chichester....I've been approved for the RNY bypass which us what I wanted...would like to know anyone else on same journey to bypass as me ...they told me 6 months waiting so fingers crossed my surgery should be in October time. in a way now I know I'm having it I wish it was sooner but still so much to ask and trying to get notebook together with all advice questions etc in one place....

Hi tuu, I am fairly new to this site and just came across your post.

Firstly, congratulations on getting your date. I am also under St Richards and have been for a couple of years now.

I had my first MDT appointment in Feb 2015 and finally got a date for my Bypass in September 15 however the timing was not good as i had an opportunity to move to California for 6 months and i was advised to discharge myself from the hospitals care and get re-referred when i got back from the states.

I got back to the UK in May this year and asked my doctor to refer me back to the hospital which he did without question.

I was given an appointment to meet with one of the doctors back at St Richards on 28th June and we discussed the reason for my withdrawing previously and he said that he was happy that i still met all of the conditions of my original MDT so he would put me back on to the waiting list which is where i am now.

I have been told that it could be up to 7 months wait however the doctor said that he was confident that i would have the surgery this year so fingers crossed.

I hope that all goes well with the surgery and i look forward to hearing about it when you hit the losers bench.

All the best

Andy

Back