• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to the site, Hi

AndyMc1978

HI all, I am new to the site and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Andy and i am currently awaiting a date from St Richards in Chichester for a RNY bypass. I started my journey a couple of years ago with the tier 3 process and was finally referred to tier 4 at St Richards in early 2015 where i was accepted and approved for a gastric bypass. As fate would have it I finally received my operation date for 26th September 2015 at the same time that i was offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to take a 6 month work secondment in California and after lots of discussion with the team at St Richards i decided to pull out of the op and go on the secondment as they said there would not be enough healing time to allow me to do both. I was discharged from their care in September 2015 and told to get a new referral from my GP when i returned which i did in May 2016. At the end of June 2016 I returned to St Richards and was again accepted for the Bypass which they told me could take up to 6 months to happen so no i am back in limbo waiting on the call to come in with a date. Hate the waiting but look forward to the new life that will follow.

Hi and welcome!

I also waited a long time for surgery (4 years). Luckily for me, I was never discharged, but I waited such a long time because I started a university degree. Now I've finished and although I've had an extra years wait, I am in a better place now. These things happen for a reason, and what an experience, to live and work in California! I went to LA and San Fran last year - loved San Fran (and experienced a real, small, earthquake, although I've also felt them in the UK!)

I hope the wait isn't too long for you

Hello and welcome :) I too hope you're not waiting too long x

Hello and welcome.

Fingers crossed your wait isn't too long.

Hi Andy.

Welcome to the forum.

I had my surgery at St Richard's 6 weeks ago. They are brilliant (although everyone will claim theirs is the best)!

6 months will fly by, it doesn't feel like it at the moment, but it will. Then one day, out of the blue you will get a phone call with a surgery date. That surgery will change your life forever.

I wish you all the best, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gemma x

Hi and welcome!

I also waited a long time for surgery (4 years). Luckily for me, I was never discharged, but I waited such a long time because I started a university degree. Now I've finished and although I've had an extra years wait, I am in a better place now. These things happen for a reason, and what an experience, to live and work in California! I went to LA and San Fran last year - loved San Fran (and experienced a real, small, earthquake, although I've also felt them in the UK!)

I hope the wait isn't too long for you

Hi Puddytats,

I was living just outside San Fran in a city called Vallejo. I loved San Fran and everywhere i visited in California and would love to live there longer term in the future although i didn't get to experience any quakes yet lol.

Hi Andy.

Welcome to the forum.

I had my surgery at St Richard's 6 weeks ago. They are brilliant (although everyone will claim theirs is the best)!

6 months will fly by, it doesn't feel like it at the moment, but it will. Then one day, out of the blue you will get a phone call with a surgery date. That surgery will change your life forever.

I wish you all the best, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gemma x
Hi Gemma,

How long was your wait for St Richards? They told me within 6 months so should be this year if all goes well.

Can i ask what the process was leading up to and following the surgery?

Back