• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back

Rutotadiba

Hi everyone.
I had RNY bypass in Manchester almost seven years ago now. I recovered so well and lost about 60% of my excess weight quite easily. However I have been struggling recently with health issues and was referred back to my surgeon last week. Whilst talking to one of his team we got discussing revision surgery as I have put stones back on and am feeling hungry shortly after eating, although I do still have some restriction. So I am back :eek:
Glad this site is still here. I have been reading your posts for a while and getting used to the new (to me) format. I am looking to read about experiences of people who have had a revision from rny as I have lots of questions but would love to hear from anyone pre or post op.
:thankyou:

hi and welcome back and good luck for your journey im new by passer 5 weeks this week

You are doing really well I see. Hope you've had a good journey so far? It's all well worth it, life-changing. :):)
Hi hun,

Can I ask what led you astray if you don't mind?

Nothing as such.
My GP stopped my lansoprazole, resulting in my getting multiple gastric ulcers and associated pain. These seem to have gone with the re-prescribing though I am undergoing investigation for further pain - nothing incapacitating just uncomfortable. Not too worried at this stage and it may have started investigation into revision which will give me a second bite of the cherry - hopefully!
Still have some restriction but then get hungry shortly after so am prone to grazing. After much reading (of US sites) this seems to be a feature of RNY, as does some regain after three years or so in those whose initial BMI was very high. Lots of these things are being identified as time after wls progresses and records produce these case similarities.
This shouldn't put anyone off. I would advise anyone hovering to go for it as I still consider wls the best thing I have ever done and wish I'd done it years ago!

What revision surgery could you have with a bypass? Maybe a Fobi ring?

I am just at the beginning of this process and haven't even discussed the options with my surgeon yet. My research shows me there are several options of either a band on the pouch; ROSE procedure; fobi ring or conversion to a sleeve. As yet I have no preference as I don't have the experts' advice or input. It's probably a long way off yet, but as with my original surgery once I get the idea and read more and more the more I will want it yesterday!!! Keep your fingers crossed they think me suitable and I can get the funding and anything else that may be an obstacle melts away. Lol.

What revision surgery could you have with a bypass? Maybe a Fobi ring? I am just at the beginning of this process and haven't even discussed the options with my surgeon yet. My research shows me there are several options of either a band on the pouch; ROSE procedure; fobi ring or conversion to a sleeve. As yet I have no preference as I don't have the experts' advice or input. It's probably a long way off yet, but as with my original surgery once I get the idea and read more and more the more I will want it yesterday!!! Keep your fingers crossed they think me suitable and I can get the funding and anything else that may be an obstacle melts away. Lol.

Hope you don't mind me asking this,how much have you gained back?
Im still on lanzaropsole due to problems,I had investigations but nothing was found.
If I don't take these religiously, I definetly feel pains in the stomach area.
I'm 4 yrs in sept since by bypass and I've had some "bounce back" weight,but I seem to be maintaining ok up to now.

welcome back :)

Thanks Northampton girl.
I am about 4 stone higher than my. Lowest, still 7 stones down. I am 61/2 years post op and weight gain started about 4 years ago. Been back to slimming world etc but can't imagine where I would have been without my RNY ?

Thanks Northampton girl. I am about 4 stone higher than my. Lowest, still 7 stones down. I am 61/2 years post op and weight gain started about 4 years ago. Been back to slimming world etc but can't imagine where I would have been without my RNY ?

This is true,without my bypass i couldn't maintain the way I am at the minute.
My dumping is sensitive,still have very good restriction...but there is a lot of foods I can't eat anymore.
And at times it can be tough!

Trouble is I can eat anything! Think I eat too fast - suffer later and it's not always same foods. Can't predict. Still don't know my pouch well enough.

as a new bypasser i dont even get restriction i am limiting myself to max 9 teaspoons so could be its not enough to get to restriction point

Have you read any of the threads where people post what they are eating at 5 weeks post op? I myself think you are doing right not pushing it. If I remember correctly I used to have in mind the size they'd said my pouch was and thought that volume was about what I should see as my limit. You are right it is probably that you haven't yet reached your restriction. Don't worry. Perhaps you could mention it at your next check up anyway? I still have a signal when I have reached the point of discomfort if I eat too much or think of carry on past what I know is enough. Pity they don't operate on our heads at the same time!

I not even had a call never mind an appointment still waiting sick of chasing them up now

My advice would be to keep on chasing them up. Follow up with the professionals is so important. Make a nuisance of yourself if you have to. It's your long term health that's important. Let me know how you get on.

Back