• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why do ppl assume

BlueDiamond

Hey all I found this on the sun about a lady who lost over 15st eating healthily, its not so much the storyline but the comments where ppl say coz were "fat" their words NOT mine that we are lazy, I know they prob aint got a brain cell in their body, I just cannot understand why ppl assume coz certain ppl are overweight we are automatically labelled as "Lazy"

Feel free to read xx
- Teacher lost 15st with fresh food | The Sun |News

Hey all I found this on the sun about a lady who lost over 15st eating healthily, its not so much the storyline but the comments where ppl say coz were "fat" their words NOT mine that we are lazy, I know they prob aint got a brain cell in their body, I just cannot understand why ppl assume coz certain ppl are overweight we are automatically labelled as "Lazy"

Feel free to read xx - Teacher lost 15st with fresh food | The Sun |News

Because you just said it....people are ignorant, pure and simple...Unfortunately us fatties are an easy target because there is also a huge amount of shame in admitting to being obese. In reality, obesity is a very complex multifactorial disease, but because it it so poorly understood, it's better to write us off saying we are lazy, than it is to actually try to understand the complicated issues that underlie why a person may become obese. Ok, sure, of course there are some people out there who really do nothing all day but sit around scoffing, but if this forum is anything to go by, I know they are really few and far between.

Either that or they've done the math backwards...

Fat -
Exercise =
Thin

So they presume fat people are lazy....

Luckily as i now weigh ONLY 17st 1lb (last Saturday) i am no longer fat... or at least as fat as i was lol....

Funny how people who see me now see the fat person, however people at work who knew me pre op see me as 'disappearing'.... Perceptions are a dodgy thing!

As above ^^^ They are vile and ignorant and if they didnt call you for being fat they would call you for something else......makes you think if theyre as confident as they appear to be doesnt it?? And, Im not being horrible but I lost nearly 10 stone with SW and was determined never to put it back on...I used to think "How the Hell can people loose all this weight and then put it all back on!!" Well, now I know and I hope the girl in question never does, I wish her all the luck in the world. I wish people who made comments like that didnt bother me still, most of the time they dont but sometimes I still feel the sting of shame about being so fat! XX

Julie, at my lowest I was 12 stone 7lbs and people who didnt know how much Id lost still called me fat :eek: I think unless you are a size 12 or under you are still labelled as fat by a lot of todays society! XX

Last night at the gym i was talking to a girl who'd just done our boxafit class (ark at me making out i own the class) and a friend with me told her about our surgeries... She was very interested and had a friend or two who'd had wls! She then proceeded to tell us how she used to weigh 18stone and had lost her weight 'the hard way'. I'm sorry ladies n gents but i pulled her up on your behalf. My journey hasn't been tough, but i know a lot of you have been to hell and back and still struggle on a daily basis so i told her it's not easy for everyone and some people can learn to hate food..........

Perceptions again ay?

Interesting topic ladies. I am far from lazy. Work manually probably in the main up to 10 hours a day almost every day really physical work . . . but I was still fat! (sorry I am still fat . . but I was obese and at one point bordering on morbidly obese according to my doctors chart!)

It is really interesting but even having lost the 3 stone people are treating me differently . . but I am no different . . just a few dress sizes smaller.

I just wish people could realise that on a day to day basis I am probably more active than half the skinnies of the world. Unfortunately however I loved food rather too much! Lazy seems to be the main word associated with fat . . not sure how we can change this view.

Julie, at my lowest I was 12 stone 7lbs and people who didnt know how much Id lost still called me fat :eek: I think unless you are a size 12 or under you are still labelled as fat by a lot of todays society! XX

I know what you mean but thats not just restricted to people outside of this bubble. People on here have been known to comment that 12 stone is 'quite heavy', at 5ft 10 my goal of 12 stone 7 puts me in the healthy BMI range but being over 12 stone and like you say not being a size 12 or under = fat to many, many people. Grrrrrr

Just shows how much people are influenced by the media into thinking what is 'perfect' and everything else is not acceptable :mad:

i was reading something once that said it was believed that if you see a thin person lounging on a sofa people assume they are chilling out, whereas if a fat person is lounging on a sofa people assume they are being lazy...crazyness.

If you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME :p xxxx

There's some harsh comments on there isn't there =(
I nearly went on there to say a few comments bk but thought I best not especially as it will just make me stressed there's some horrible ppl around isn't there??

I would like to go back and see her this time next year,if she is lucky she will still weigh the same.Otherwise she will be back to square one at Slimming World again.Got that size 26 tee shirt! Maz x

Back