• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLSG here to stay!

Do you qualify for NHS surgery? If you do definitely want to go private, at least choose a surgeon who also spends part of his time working for an NHS hospital doing the same procedures. Trust me, this is very important!

hi sue i also am with wlsg who r in my opinion second too none where and from who did you hear they are being sued and probably wont b around next year from!!!!!! if you know this for sure then obviously there are alot of us who would be interested in finding out xxheather

Exactly what I was thinking. Coralie has been to London for a fill today but I dont think she will have seen this. Susie who posted yesterday is going to London tomorrow, she said she would ask Wendy so I will remind her on facebook and let you know.

Maz x

They are being sued for a number of reasons - NONE TO DO WITH THEIR PATIENTS or the SURGERY. I have not said they do not offer a good service. They do, and everyone has been happy with what they do. I only recommend to stay clear as they may very well go under due to above. And to pay out the money then not get aftercare after next year is not worth the risk IMO.

Hi :)

Seen as this is a help and advice forum, I think it would be a good idea if you could provide us with more information on this. I'm with WLSG, and I wouldn't like to think they won't be around soon :mad: So your comment is obviously going to make people feel uneasy about the situation, especially if they have paid for fills etc.

So more info on this would be great, after all, we should all be looking out for each other. :)

xxx

Yes id love some more info, im with WLS Group and find them fantastic they have never let me down but this sounds worrying x

I went with Surgicare, the do other cosmetic surgery not just WLS and i have had an excellent experience with them. Not the cheapest, but professional and a full aftercare package is included

WLSG - Are they going under - more info please

Im really worried now, after weeks of deciding, bottling out and being totally confused by the number of private surgeons out there, I've finally decided on going with the WLSG and have my first consultation tomorrow, however after reading on several threads warnings not to go with them due to them being sued and the possibility of them not being here next year Im really concerned, especially as you pay for a after package of three years !!!!

Obviously the first question I will ask them tomorrow is are they likely to go under - but will I get a truthful answer ?

Can anyone out there shed some light ?????

Thanks

I think a better question than 'are you going under' would be, 'what would happen to my aftercare should you go under?' You're more likely to get a straight answer then!

First of all hope it goes well tomorrow. Obviously you are worried by what you have read as am I. I went with WLSG and only went to see them on Tues, their bariatric nurse was telling me that they are looking to take on another nurse and increase the number of clinics because they are so busy. A friend of mine is also seeing them tomorrow for a fill so hopefully we will all know a bit more then.

I have not seen anything in the press, whether we would or not I dont know?

Sorry couldnt be any more help!

Shelbell
Your right thanks for that, Im going write it down so I don't forget to ask.

Just want to say I think you've done fantastic, your photo's are great, and congrats on the baby, other than losing the weight it will be the best thing you have ever done xxxxxxx

Im really worried now, after weeks of deciding, bottling out and being totally confused by the number of private surgeons out there, I've finally decided on going with the WLSG and have my first consultation tomorrow, however after reading on several threads warnings not to go with them due to them being sued and the possibility of them not being here next year Im really concerned, especially as you pay for a after package of three years !!!!

Obviously the first question I will ask them tomorrow is are they likely to go under - but will I get a truthful answer ?

Can anyone out there shed some light ?????

Thanks
Reading this thread i am really shocked, as i havent heard anything about them going under, or being sued, so can i ask where you have heard or read this. I have an aftercare package with them and i am due to have a band fill tomorrow with wendy, but would be grateful if you could fill me in on what you've heard. julie

Reading this thread i am really shocked, as i havent heard anything about them going under, or being sued, so can i ask where you have heard or read this. I have an aftercare package with them and i am due to have a band fill tomorrow with wendy, but would be grateful if you could fill me in on what you've heard. julie

Hi Julie

The comment was posted on a thread asking for peoples experiences with private providers. Intially it was a case of avoid them as they will not be around next year, now however it has been said that they are being sued.

I have emailed Michelle the MD but as I mentioned in an earlier post my friend is going for a fill tomorrow so she is also going to ask what is going on. If indeed it is.

Maz

I havent heard or read anything. I just tried to do a search on the companies house register but it is closed for maintenance until Monday.

Yeah, I'm concerned, that's why I asked in the other thread if the poster could shed some light on the issue, because the comment was a bit vague. Things like this shouldn't be posted unless you have some kind of evidence, and not just rumours getting out of hand.

Any info on this would be great - we should be looking out for each other :)

xxx

fat again, what happend with mr el hasani?

I went with healthier weight, 2 weeks ago after a fair bit of research.

I started out with the hospital group, booked and seen a consultant who was excellent Prof Mc Mahon, with the Hospital Group but after further research, found the after care lacking some what on various sites and forums.

Still awaiting my cancellation fee.

Some had fabulous feedback ,but personally from application to appt was not very impressed,plus had to wait nearly 3 hrs over booked time for appt.. Plus once i paid a fee i had to do all the phoning to arrange things.

The after care, from healthier weight includes, dietican, physio,phone calls 2 wk follow up plus for me it is local and the surgeons Prof Favoritti in my case has 15 years experience, and has pioneered the S.i.L. single incision which i had done, 2 wks later hardly got a mark.

I am only speaking from my experience, research and opinion. Hope this helps but search away and keep asking till the answer you want comes...

Back