• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Working out

E_Squared84

Member4Ever
Hello everyone,
I was just wondering when everyone started to go back to working out after they had surgery.
I want to work out by my fiancé will only let me use the wii fit or some dumbbells when I want to go to the gym and use the elliptical.
I know he is just looking out for my best interest so that I can fully heal before doing anything strenuous.
But let me hear from you guys.

hi i went back last week, 2 weeks post op , but only to walk on the treadmill as due to the snow couldnt walk outside in case i slipped and was frighted i might do harm if slipped.
going to wait another 2 weeks before i try to increase.
need to heal properly first...
x june

In one of your other threads i said listen to your body, this is probably one exception. You need to ask your surgeon when you can go to the gym safely. You may well feel fab but internally the healing carries on for quite some time... Give them a ring and ask advice xxx

'Generally' you wait after your first post op appointment and get the all clear from your team first. Roughly about a month.

No lifting weights though but I dare say they will love you going on the Cross Trainer but only after you get the all clear!

Back