• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried

mummy2309

im due to see the surgeons on the 11th of april to get the ok for having my bypass but i have had problems with my heart over the pass 12 months been rushed into hospital twice with it and had some tests done, now im booked in for having a dobutamine stress echocardiogram on the 23rd of aprili dont want my bypass to be cancelled due to this.
on one hand i can see its for the best to have the test done on my heart but there is part of me wishing i didn't have to say anything to the surgeons when i see them about it.
i've got a busy month this month got another sleep study being done on the 4th so thursday, then got psychology appointment on the 11th of april, and seeing the surgeons aswell inbeteen that got my support group sorry im going on all i wanted to know is has anyone had this appointments and what will happen​

Hi
Ive had all the above (apart from the heart scan )
my Dr said if i can climb a flight of stairs without getting out of breath then im ok ( which i can no problem )
the trickcyclist appointment is easy, he/she will ask why you eat the way you do, & your realtionship with food......be honest & youll fly through it
dont worry ;)

thanks for that makes me feel abit calmer

well todays the day i get to see surgeon wish me luck

Hope you get on ok with the surgeon, but do remember that if he decides to delay the op it will be in your best interests.

I had to wait for mine as my breathing was so bad I had to lose a few stone and get it to a level where the anaesthetist was happy. I was upset at the wait but when he explained to me that I would have an 80% chance of not getting through the op because of it I could see there was no choice.

Fingers crossed for you that all will be fine.

thanks hun,i know if i have to wait then so be it, i have waited over 4 years to get funding soabit longer should hurt

thanks i got the ok for having my op woohoo, got to have the sleeve instead ofthe bypass due to being on alot of long term meds, they said i should be having my op within the next 6 weeks cantwait to start the rest of my life
emma xx

Can I ask what long term meds you are on which have made that decision? Or maybe why you take them? I am on 13 tablets a day due to fybromyalgia and chronic nerve damage. I am almost a year out from a bypass and had never heard of the sleeve when I had mine, but I paid privately.
It is interesting to see the effects of my medication over time since my op.

hi no probs, i take ong term meds for my bipolar and depression, and its something to do with the absorption of my meds thats better in sleeve than the bypass i had my heart set on the bypass but the surgeon said the sleeve would suit me better, i take 15 tablets in the morning then another16 in the day and night, for all sorts of reason, thyroid, high blood pressure, fybromyalgia, heart problem and the list goes on
can i ask what your on for your fybromyalgia as im on gabapentin for this and nerve pain

As soon as I saw that you had fybromyalgia I was going to ask what you were on too! I am on a 75mcg fentanyl patch for the pain, I take Celebrex and lyrica which are anti inflammtories. They are NSAIDs which I know some consultants say you should not have but my consultant said that the good out weighs the risks involved.

I was on gabapentin about 10 years ago, it was ok for a while but I found it was not enough.

I have been lucky that my absorption seems to be ok. I also have quite a strong anti depressant my dose has stayed the same since my op. initially I had them all in liquid form, those tat could be, others couldn't so I had to swallow some tablets, they were fine.

i was n the morphine patch 20's for a while the gabapentin is at the highest dose but cant say its helped going to talk to my constulant about changing some of my meds, im glad your absorption level is good im glad to hear that, the surgeon i saw on thursday was concerned about my bipolar meds being absorped as im pretty stable at the moment on my level,
can i ask how much weight you have losted up to now and how much more you want to lose
emma xx

Back