• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worst Morning ever!!

831phil

Could have kicked myself this morning. I had a bad experience last week - probably what everyone refers to as "dumping" - caused by trying to take my gigantic multi-vitamin on an empty stomach in the morning. Pain was awful. Then today - what do i do? 2 teaspoons of weetabix and I thought I would be ok - took the tablet and thought I was dying! rabid dog syndrome, a pain that actually bought tears to my eyes, runny nose - do I need to go on. First time only lasted 5 mins so today when it eased after 8 mins or so I thought that was it - got in the car and then half way down the M62 the pain came back with a vengence as did the excess saliva/phlegm that I needed to keep spitting out into tissues (still in the fast lane!). helped to swear as loudly as I could then one big burp - and all was ok!! So, lesson to self AGAIN - DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT TAKE BLOODY BIG TABLETS ON EMPTY STOMACH - Mr Pouch doesnt like it!! sorry to be graphic guys - but you know, after all that - STILL HIGH AS A KITE AND NO REGRETS WHATSOEVER!!

Wow, sounds like a bad experience I should try and avoid in the future. Hope you are ok.

BigDave

You certainly should Dave - where are you hoping to have your op? If your GP practice allows it - I would go for The Spire in Manchester - Mr Ammori's team - FABAROONEY!

Ruth, the covering on those big red vitamin bombs is really hard but it softens and is easier to digest if you warm it in your mouth for a while or take it with a drink of tea.
I always have mine with a cuppa.
Lynne x

If you put it out the night before,I pop mine in an eggcup by the kettle,they soften up and drink with plenty of water,make sure your mouth isnt dry and pop it lengthways down your tongue.If I get anything stuck I always bring it back up,I know some dont like doing that.

Thanks Lynn, I will try it with a brew - actually dreading taking it now - surely there must be something smaller!!

are there no liquid forms? or would they taste nasty?

Back