• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please bubbling phlem

debbie62

Hello I was wondering if anyone could advise me what to take or what to do
Right I'm on day 17 post opp
I'm feeling tired which I guess is normal
I'm not eating much about 2-3 teaspoons are enough
I also take lots of tablets liquid form of course
But not all the time I get this bubbling in my throat after I've eaten which I reckon is normal but on 3 occasions now the bubbling has got really annoying and and painfull feels very thick and I've brought it up By what I can explain as belch sick not sick from my stomach
It's like thick phlegm sticky phlegm
Once it's up with 2-3 mins it. Feels fine
Anyway you can help

You've not said what op you've had, but if you're getting bubbling and you've had a bypass you're eating too much or too fast and things are getting stuck. If you're really only eating 2-3 teaspoons you need to get in touch with your team right now.

Yes I am eating 2-3 teaspoons a time then I feel full so don't push it
I'm also eating slowly someone has suggested it might be my meds I take efferfesant cocodamol which is fizzy
Normal daily food intake remember I'm 17 days post opp only
Is breakfast 1/2 weekabix
Lunch puréed soup
And smooth yogurt
That about my limit
The yogurt I can take 2-3 teaspoons a few times a day as with the soups
But with the weekabix or ready. Brek I only manage 2-3 and I'm full
I'm taking teaspoons of these

Yes I am eating 2-3 teaspoons a time then I feel full so don't push it I'm also eating slowly someone has suggested it might be my meds I take efferfesant cocodamol which is fizzy Normal daily food intake remember I'm 17 days post opp only Is breakfast 1/2 weekabix Lunch puréed soup And smooth yogurt That about my limit The yogurt I can take 2-3 teaspoons a few times a day as with the soups But with the weekabix or ready. Brek I only manage 2-3 and I'm full I'm taking teaspoons of these

Oh yeh sorry I've had the bypass

Maybe try to make your food more liquid? Add milk or water to dilute? Could be that you're still very swollen inside.

Im 8 days post op with a bypass and told I must have liquids only for 4 weeks. Has your provider told u to eat this soon?

Yes trish
Not exactly eat more like drink got to be runny puréed foods first week was clear fluids second week fluids including thin soups tea coffee veg juices etc 3rd week which I'm on puréed runny foods and fluids next week puréed foods until 6 weeks
Then food but might do puréed a few weeks longer see how I go were are you from ? Think there's a lot of different rules for different hospitals and areas .

hya debs.ive had all the time and I still get it.im not a sicky person so its only a matter of time when it comes up.it is worrying.i found it happens most when I do take my meds.i can take the orange flavour soluble vitamins so I have to have a tablet and this is the size of 2 paracetmaol.the wont prescribe me anything else.and my blood pressure tabs are quite large.so they stick when I take them.i did buy a crusher but they cannot be crushes.but we are expected to swallow these monster of things.but chew chew food to a pulp.i have had a few probs with bugs and infections so I have been back to see my consultant twice now.he is concerned I cant get more of solids down now at 9 weeks.and the tabs are getting stuck.last sat I took it at 2 in the afternoon.it stuck and I could feel it in the middle of my shoulder blades all day.and I didn't get anything to eat till 11 at night.so I am going for a camera down.this a common practice.just to see if the hole to the stomach as healed a bit narrow.and he will stretch it a bit.its only a 20 minute procedure.so we will see.so maybe you need to speak to your consultant next time you go.mosst of the time it can be eating too fast.but you take care soohoo

hya debs.ive had all the time and I still get it.im not a sicky person so its only a matter of time when it comes up.it is worrying.i found it happens most when I do take my meds.i can take the orange flavour soluble vitamins so I have to have a tablet and this is the size of 2 paracetmaol.the wont prescribe me anything else.and my blood pressure tabs are quite large.so they stick when I take them.i did buy a crusher but they cannot be crushes.but we are expected to swallow these monster of things.but chew chew food to a pulp.i have had a few probs with bugs and infections so I have been back to see my consultant twice now.he is concerned I cant get more of solids down now at 9 weeks.and the tabs are getting stuck.last sat I took it at 2 in the afternoon.it stuck and I could feel it in the middle of my shoulder blades all day.and I didn't get anything to eat till 11 at night.so I am going for a camera down.this a common practice.just to see if the hole to the stomach as healed a bit narrow.and he will stretch it a bit.its only a 20 minute procedure.so we will see.so maybe you need to speak to your consultant next time you go.mosst of the time it can be eating too fast.but you take care soohoo

Hi soohoo
Thank you so much for this great info it's helped a lot I've now stopped the efferfesant cocodamol and crush my normal tablets and today seems fine luckalie I haven't really got any server pain just annoying indigestion sort of pain You get what I mean I cannot believe your taking whole tablets my doc has been so helpful so far good luck let me know how you get on xx

Back