• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would you go through it again

oh my, my life has changed so much, no diabetes, normal cholestrol, better fitness, being able to buy clothes in a sale and FEELING NORMAL. You bet I would do it all over again

put me in the 'not sure' camp. having spent two years fighting every day for my op as all the medical professionals said my bad back would heal with a large reduction in weight, less than a week before surgery my neurosurgeon pretty much said not to bother as it won't make more than a little difference to my back problems. i had probs in hospital too and often ask myself why i bothered - despite having lost 3 stone including preop milk diet.

At the moment I am also a not sure.

I am still getting pain around my scar (open bypass) 6 weeks post-op and have trouble wearing a bra if I wear one it rubs, If don't wear one the weight of my boobs make it hurt even a soft sleep bra rubs.
I can't get comfortable to sleep and then wake up loads in the night and find my hips are killing me in the morning (due to arthritis) didn't have that much pain at my heaviest.
Meal times are a nightmare we all sat at the table at tea time as a family, can't do that at the moment and now my son has become a really fussy eater.

Maybe in 6 months time thing will have changed for the better but at this moment in time I wish I could have done it on my own.

Absolutely yes, without a shadow of doubt. I know I'm only 3 weeks post-op and I've been very fortunate not to have had any real problems so far ... *touch wood* ... so may feel differently if things start to go wrong, but it's already made such a positive difference to my life.

I can honestly say I don't feel as though I've had major abdominal surgery as other than the first few painful days due to trapped wind, I've had no other discomfort or pain. I've only vomited on one occasion, which I've since found out was a mild dumping session from eating something I believed to be "sugar free" but was actually "no added sugar" and well over 5% :eek:

Back