• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advise on how to go through my journey

louisaL

looking to make a change!
ok so i started off by walking into the doctors on monday and asking her for WLS
she then said ok, she would look into it and contact me to have bloods done......

so how long should i give her and could someone give me a rough step by step of what will happen then and whose involved and any tips for me to do so there are no delays from her to the op (if i get the funding obv)

i'm in milton keynes and been told my nearest hosp is luton and dunstable. we have an nhs here in MK so will it be them who decides if the funding is granted?

thanks lou x

Louisa, it's down to your individual pct (primary care trust) as to whether weight loss surgery is funded. Some fund automatically but most have to be applied for....

I don't know about your individual pct, maybe you could check out the BOSPA website for information...

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on how it goes xx

I know some gp's apply for funding 1st (mine did) and others after you've seen the surgeon, or even he may apply for the funding. give your gp a couple of weeks and if you have'nt heard anything then get another appointment with her to see whats happening. Good luck on your journeyxx

thanks guys, i didnt know if there is an outline process for example

step 1 ask the doctor about having wls
step 2 having blood tests
step 3 doctor applying for funding ...
step 4....
step 5...

etc etc
under say step 20 go in for op

i'd like to know who get involved in the process and who i will have to meet and what they will do to me as in the pre consultation and when it will take place etc. and how i will hear about any decisions that have been made like the funding being accepted/declined will i get a letter or will the doctor tell me

Back