• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would you like to see any changes?

Sambucca

Hello all :wavey:

Well, we've all settled nicely into our new home now. Its getting busier by the day and the vibe seems really lovely at the minute.

Behind the scenes, we've been racking our brains to see if anything is missing from the forum, but we feel its pretty perfect as it is... (I know, we are biased)

Seriously though, Pierce works his socks off for us, and we cant have him running out of work to do...
So are we missing anything? Is there anything that you would like us to include if we can?

I did wonder about including a century club for members who have hit the 100lb loss after I saw a post from Rising Sun today. We've got blogs on their way which should be available soon, we've got our own tickers on the site, and we seem to have all the forums we need.

So speak up! Its your forum. If we can improve it in anyway, just let us know.

Me has 1 or 2 perhaps??? 1stly many a time I have adressed a person as being female and they have been horrified and replyed WOMAN Ime a fella!! so I think on the left hand panel I think there should be a man or lady figure similar to the logo they have on public loos cause sometimes people dont like to put there photo on until they are slimmer (I for 1 hated my photo taken) and 2nd I think that you should bring out the 3 strikes rule like they do in certain places with criminals, meaning 3 warnings before being banned from the site. That way they can think hard before they post and hopefully learn by there mistakes. Just a thought though Kind regards Gail.x

Can't think of any suggestions but just wanted to say that I love the site. Friendly people and so helpful when you are going through this route to weight loss. Thanks x

Thanks team, you are doing a great job. One thing I would like to see is who is actually awarding the rep points. Very often they appear without any idea of who gave them.

Thanks,
John

I love GM's idea. Plus, I would like to see a funding field with our stats. It helps knowing Private versus NHS funding when asking certain questions.

Great Job Guys..............hadnt been on for a while looks great and still very enjoyable reading and advise comming in thick n fast xxxx

I too would like to see who's awarding me rep points;)Apart from that the site is fine for my needs:D:D

Thanks for your input guys, some really good suggestions... Keep em coming.

We'll get back to you asap re the suggestions you have made so far!

Not sure if this is the place to mention this but I was hoping to be able to update my diary as I am moving along nicely in this whole process. I saw a sticky earlier that said only the diaries that were specifically in the WLS section have been transferred. Is there any way of transferring the diaries from the members diary sections???

Thanks

Hiya Meggie,

Sadly it wasnt possible to transfer threads from other sections within Mini's - just the WLS section was transferred across.

I had the same problem though and I copied and pasted all my entries accross from my old diary into a new diary here. It was a bit time consuming, but then my old diary was 32 pages long! You could do the same.

Is this the diary you wanted moved hun? MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum
If so, it wouldnt take too long to copy and paste that across.

Ditto about the blogs - can they be transferred over from Minis???

Sorry Topsy, the diaries from mini's cant be transferred over unless it was originally in the WLS section, in which case it will have already been transferred. I had to copy and paste all of mine.

Thanks to all of you that suggested improvements to the forum. We have made the following changes.

In your user CP, you can now update your details to include gender and whether you were NHS or privately funded. Thanks to Gail-Michelle and Fashionably late for making those suggestions.

We have also added two new area's.

1st is the century club which is open to all to post in once you have signed up to the century club group. To do this, go into your userCP, then on the left hand side click on group membership. Once you have registered you will get a little badge like this

THe idea of the century club is to congratulate those that have lost 100lb or more, but you can still join if you have 100lb to lose and need some encouragement in reaching your target. This area was inspired by RisingSun's recent post when she became a 100lb loser.

The final change we have made is to introduce a 6 month plus area just below the main WLS forum. This area is for those who are 6 months out to enable them to seek the support they need for the stage of their journey. Again you need to register for the group in the same way as I have described above and you will get a badge like this

Please only register for this group if you are genuinely 6 months out of surgery. The area is open for all to view though so we can all benefit from the valuable info that is bound to come up in this area. Any threads started in the 6 months area, that are not started by peeps who are 6 months post op will be moved by mods into the main forum. Thanks so much to Caroline101061 for suggesting this area.

The one thing that a couple of you raised that we cannot amend unfortunately is the anonymous rep comments. This query has come up time and time again, and whilst many do include their name when leaving rep it is not possible to make this compulsory. We do have the thanks button as well, which is not anonymous.

I'm sure you will all want to join me in thanking Pierce for working so hard behind the scenes to make the forum "just right" for us. Thanks Pierce.

If anyone has any other suggestions or comments to make about WLSurgery.com, please do feel free to contact myself or one of the other mods.

Absolutely. Thank you Pierce, for all your hard work. I definitely could not do it. If it was left to me, we'd be sending homing pigeons to each other. Now, pigeon? there's something I haven't eaten in a while.

Well lots of ideas there for you Sam but I think the site is great and there is nothing extra I could add that hasnt already been mentioned.
Its good to have a place to be, even though I havent been able to use it much lately, but that should be back to normal soon

Jay xx

Me has 1 or 2 perhaps??? 1stly many a time I have adressed a person as being female and they have been horrified and replyed WOMAN Ime a fella!! so I think on the left hand panel I think there should be a man or lady figure similar to the logo they have on public loos cause sometimes people dont like to put there photo on until they are slimmer (I for 1 hated my photo taken) and 2nd I think that you should bring out the 3 strikes rule like they do in certain places with criminals, meaning 3 warnings before being banned from the site. That way they can think hard before they post and hopefully learn by there mistakes. Just a thought though Kind regards Gail.x

I'm with Gail all of her suggestions sound fabulous, so many times i've posted and months later the persons shown to be the opposite sex as to what i thought they were..... So embarassing

Back