• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow. Where did the year go!!!

Jess78

Well here I am and I can't believe that this time last year I was in hospital after having my gastric bypass. It hasn't been an easy ride during the year especially with intolerances, eating and keeping food down but I'm at a weight now that I never thought I would be. I had my operation at St. Mary's hospital in London and at my heaviest weight I was 26st 6lb. I managed to lose 2 stone from restricting wheats in my diet and by the time I started my pre op diet I was down to 24st 2lb. The weight started to come off with the pre op diet and and on the eve of the op 5 weeks later I was 22st 9lb. One year on I'm now 14st 8lb from a size 34-36 to an 18 yay!!!! I was really hoping to be 10 stone lighter but have been at a sticking point and the same weight for 6 weeks now :0( I have already been bugging my GP about a tummy tuck as I have severe loose skin on my arms, tummy, sides and back, but not really hopeful that I will get funding. Well done to everyone with their own personal journey's. You have all been so inspirational over the year. Thank you!!! Jess x

Last edited:
Congratulations :)

Well done!

Happy Surgiversary xx

Back