• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

xmas dinner - yorkie pud?

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
i know i can have some of the xmas dinner im cookin and im looki forward to actually feelin full on the day :rolleyes::rolleyes:, what i was wondering is i always do yorkshire pudding (sainsburys own, small ones) and i would love to have one, i will be 3weeks post op, and i havent been blendin my food, been mushin it with a fork and its been really sloopy with extra gravy, only really ate is potatoe.

can i eat a yorkie pudd? it will be really soft (gravy) and i will chew chew chew just wanted people thoughts as i really dont wanna do anythin to cause damge

thank u all xxxxxxxxxxxx

for my dinner am havin, a spoon full of mash, carrot,peas,gravy,roast potatoe (small) and gonna try turkey but only a bite. all sloppy and mushed up with my fork

yorskshire pudding could be a bit chewy and elasticy. Iam 7 and half months post op and I can only just eat them.

im almost 4 months and tried yorkie pudding for the first time on Sunday. Had one bite and straight away I could tell it wasnt going down right so I left the rest of it.

You wouldnt do yourself any damage, but you may be sick - so I suppose it depends how badly you feel you need it.

Whatever you decide to eat, I hope you enjoy it hun xx

Ime amazed you are even contemplating the Xmas dinner cos Salford specifically told me 3 weeks liquid 2/3 weeks pureed then onto more solid food and 3 weeks after the op the bariatric team rang me and told me they do it that long as not to damage the staples not because you cant eat the food, ime into my 6th week and still havnt eaten anything solid yet.

Ime amazed you are even contemplating the Xmas dinner cos Salford specifically told me 3 weeks liquid 2/3 weeks pureed then onto more solid food and 3 weeks after the op the bariatric team rang me and told me they do it that long as not to damage the staples not because you cant eat the food, ime into my 6th week and still havnt eaten anything solid yet.

I am sorry if this questionis out of place but I have to ask. I am due to have a bypass by Mr Ammori and no-one has mentioned staples. I know this sounds dim, but where do they put them?

I still can't eat yorkshire puddings and i had my bypass back in June - but if it works for you good luck xx

Im 13 months out and have never had a yorkshire pudding not because i can't but because i still stick to only eating the most nutritional food possiable protien first then veg/salad/fruit then carbs. your dinner is already looking a little high on the carb front with pots and root veg then yorkshire pudding on top.
I know we are all given different advice from our teams but they give you it to ensure you get the best out of yr surgery. I wouldnt attempt meat at 3 weeks unless it was pureed but the meat is the most important item of yr meal.
Sorry if this isn,t what you wanted to hear but knowing how sucessful this surgery can be if you stick to the rules i just really struggle to understand why anyone would want to put themselves through this without following guidance given.
whatever you decide to do enjoy.
but be careful yr still in the very early stages of healing internally!!

hopelesscase - . your dinner is already looking a little high on the carb front with pots and root veg then yorkshire pudding on top. i never even thouht of it like that, thak u very much for ur advice, im defo STAYIN AWAY from the yorkie puds for sure, have had a rethink and im just gonna have my mash, gravy and peas, not sure about the turkey now was only gonna try a bit but may give it a miss.

thank u all for ur advice. xxxxxxxxxxx

Back