• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE CHRISTMAS DINNER TRIAL

BlueDiamond

Hello Everybody

Because I have good restriction and also someone else is cooking my christmas dinner for me , So today I decided to have a pre christmas dinner trial too see Firstly if I could manage it and 2ndly if it would agree with me and not make me do a hewey ( soz of tmi) but I didnt wanna wait until christmas day and then tuck in and then spend time afterwards wiv me head down the loo (soz for tmi again) anyhows......I did it and it was yummy;). I managed 1 potatoe, about 1 spoon of carrotts, one stuffing ball ( home made and about the size of 5op) and about half a tablespoon of chicken and gravy......and it was fab and it stayed down.......:D:D:D:D:D I didnt even attempt the cauli/brocoli or yorkie pud because I couldnt manage them before my fill so I know I wouldnt of been able to manage it after the fill...But am I pleased with wot I could eat - So Job well done I think , least I know wot I will be having for christmas dinner , it did look strange on even a side plate as it was soooooo small compared to my hubbys plate but I was satisfied ( we even played christmas songs LoL) . Thanks in advance for reading. - MeJulie;);) xxx

What a good idea, well done hun and glad you enjoyed it. x

This is a brilliant thread Julie and well done.... love and hugs precious xxx

Good for you :D I know I can eat some chicken and veggies with gravy, Ive had stuffing and was ok and mash..so I should be fine. Not tried prawns though and we usually have them so I might trial run them.and no trifel for me this year :D XX

Well done Juie and it sounds like you have really good restriction now too!

Dotty why no trifle?
I'm going to make one with: sponge made with eggs, flour and Spenda, Sugar Free Jelly, raspberres (frozen), sherry (of course!:D) Sugar free custard, and elmlea whipping cream substitute.

That sounds safe, diet-friendly and yummy! You could always scrapeoff the elmlea if you're worried about it.

I don't think I'll manage Christmas pud though.:( LOL!

Good for you :D I know I can eat some chicken and veggies with gravy, Ive had stuffing and was ok and mash..so I should be fine. Not tried prawns though and we usually have them so I might trial run them.and no trifel for me this year :D XX

I will be giving the fish a try soon, I love fish:D ( all kinds) I am not a sweet eater so am lucky in that retrospect...... Good luck with ur prawns dotty x

I will be giving the fish a try soon, I love fish:D ( all kinds) I am not a sweet eater so am lucky in that retrospect...... Good luck with ur prawns dotty x

I need to try prawns again too. they made me very yucky immediately post-op, but maybe by now I'll be ok. I'm fine with other fish now.:)

I tried mackerel in tomato sauce, it was ok....sat a little heavy, Ive had fish pie....was fine. Had a couple of crab stix .... bit dry but still ok.....fingers crossed prawns will go down ok too :D I do like prawns...yummy! XX

I tried mackerel in tomato sauce, it was ok....sat a little heavy, Ive had fish pie....was fine. Had a couple of crab stix .... bit dry but still ok.....fingers crossed prawns will go down ok too :D I do like prawns...yummy! XX

Just be careful or the Marie-rose sauce!Maybe make your own with v.v.v low fat mayo and low sugar ketchup? That's presuming you like the sauce? I LOVE it!

I love it too.....never made my own before.....do they make low sugar tomato sauce? Ive never seen that. I know asda do a low fat version of Marie Rose sauce but I should imagine its still pretty fatty :D XX

That's a really excellent idea, and also a very considerate one too! It would be horrible if you were ill after eating a meal that someone else had slaved away to cook! It's good that you also have good restriction, and recognise when enough is enough..I'm still slightly struggling with that bit. Well done!

Me too Angie, I seem to be able to eat quite a bit sometimes and it worries me! I dont know when to stop, sometimes I dont feel restriction like I feel I should and then other times I know straight away......its not easy is it hun :eek: XX

Me too Angie, I seem to be able to eat quite a bit sometimes and it worries me! I dont know when to stop, sometimes I dont feel restriction like I feel I should and then other times I know straight away......its not easy is it hun :eek: XX

No, it's not! I'm exactly the same as you, one day I feel restriction quickly, other days I won't and then I'll have that extra mouthful & feel rotten for an hour or two, lol....still got eyes bigger than my belly! xxx

Me too lol...I cant get my head round "small portions" I put out what I think is small but probably isnt :eek: All we can do is our best and if we loose weight still we must be doing something right! XX

That is such a brilliant idea. I am glad it worked out so well for you.

Back