• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yes, no,yes no maybe!!!!

dani38

Hello everyone. Well I have an appt with the healthier weight centre on Tuesday with regard to having a gastric sleeve! To say this has took over my life is an understatement. I just wanted to talk about it on here and ask if anyone else was the same. Any spare time i get (bearing in mind got two young children) I am researching the sleeve either on forums, or watching peoples accounts of it on utube. One day I will feel so positive that its right for me then other days I talk myself out of it. I have a friend who is a cambridge diet counsellor and she has lost 7lb in a week, so I talk myself into trying that, then remember I have tried it for 2 days and it made me really sick and ill. then i think well the surgery isn't exactly gonna be plain sailing and that will prob make me very ill for first few weeks. Then i eat and realise how much I llloooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeee my food and think am I really ready for this????? Then I think if I dont do something this drastic I am just going to carry on as I have all my life dieting and each year getting bigger and bigger. I want to live a long healthy life to see my kids grow and be able to do all the stuff other moms do!!
so sorry for ranting on but as I say it has took over my life and sometimes I will just feel panic stricken at the thought of surgery.
Even though I am seeing my consultant tuesday i have to raise funds and it prob wouldn't happen till April time any way.
Rant over.
Hope you don't all think I am mad!!!!
x x:mad::cry::sigh:

Cambridge diets are short term losses you go to the loo and start eating 'normal.food again its all back on.Dont do it,speaking from 40 years experience in dieting,diets dont work!Research the sleeve,you dont say what you weigh but sleeves are usually done as a first step wls for peeps with very high bmi's then bypass follows.Though not always.Mixxy has been very sucsessful with the sleeve,look his posts up.

thank you for your reply. My bmi is almost 36. I definatly didn't want the band and the other surgerys are more for bmi's over 40 ( I think) so I see the sleeve as my only option. x

Also I would recommend looking at other WLS providers before plumping for the first you have researched and for a view of a near normal life post WLS read this
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-diaries/127332-roses-wls-diary-new-year-new-me.html

To me it is real inspiration on how by doing the right things this can really work I can't guarantee that it will work this well for you (or me for that matter) but get the research in
Welcome to the forum by the way
I know Rose had the bypass but the sleeve is a forerunner for that (if required later)

Hi dani... I know what you are going through it took me nearly 2 years to finally take the plunge and WLS. Funny for the same reasons as you ( most of) to be around for my kids. My surgery is in 2 days and trust me even now I'm super nervous. But I've researched, have done a month of pre-op classes and counseling so I feel ready. Best wishes to you. And when your ready you will make the right decision no matter what path you take just trust yourself.

Hi Dani,Ihad my sleeve done end of November and ive got to say im feeling brilliant. I have lost over 4 stone since then,and my energy levels have gone up no end.Before the operation i could just about manage to take my dog downstairs,now im flying around the field and also walking to the school which is over a mile a way.I know its not a easy decision to come to but if your like myself been on a diet for most of my life without success.Where food used to be top priority its no longer, and am quite happily eating healthy.I hope this post has been some help for and i hope you come to the right decision,all the best Jason

Thank you so much everyone.. after diet since the age of ten I know this is my answer guess its just scary. glad tohear your all recoved Jason I have been following your progress on here.must have been tough for you over Christmas. Good luck dee for your surgery will be thinking of you. X x

Dani, welcome :)

I've read your post and you are exactly like the rest of us.. We all have kids, or had kids and been fat, had no energy no life, fed up of being fat, tried every diet known to man, every year decided this is our year to do it! If i hadn't had my surgery last June i'd probably be at a slimming world meeting right now!

Cambridge diet, slimfast, pranavite slim, none of them work long term. The minute you start living a normal life and eating normally the weight goes back on...

You have two choices and only you know which is more achievable....

1. You change your eating habits, become more aware of what goes into your mouth and do a heck of a lot of serious exercise and hope this does it for you. I have to say i met a woman at the gym who'd lost about 7 or 8 stone by doing this. Did i mention she now does 14 classes a week to keep the weight off?

2. Go for your sleeve or some such other surgery and get the help you need to get it off and keep it off for good....

Next let me dispel this myth that a lot of people researching wls have: Food? Why does everyone think you won't still love food post op? I love food more than ever. My tastes have changed slightly as in the fact that for all of my 25yrs of adult life i've worked in fish n chip shops and enjoyed eating them as much as serving them - i no longer enjoy the smell or taste of chips (this is to me a miracle). Everything else has stayed the same. I can still enjoy indian food, chinese food, pizza (in moderation), and i eat what my family eats. I just don't shovel enough for two grown adults onto my plate any longer.... When we go out to eat, yeah i've changed my ordering habits (i tend to order a side salad) and tend to pinch meat/scampi whatever the others are having to complement my side order. I don't order a meal just for me anymore, i always share!

Please don't think by having wls that you won't enjoy food because this is not true, well at least not for me!

i know excately how you feel all i do is look at youtube and weightlose videos and today my hubby said its all talk about ,but you see if want my life back ..

Julie thank you so much 4 your post it really helped me and made me feel loads more positive. This site is so good for putting my mind at rest. I struggle to exercise at all so I know that's not my answer. Ruth I hope you get your surgery and it all goes great 4 you. Thank you so much everyone x ..x

I never in a million years thought that I would have WLS. Actually, it never even occurred to me! I thought that I would spend the rest of my life being a serial dieter - losing, gaining, losing ... well you get the idea.

I had my sleeve surgery at the end of last February and at that time I could barely walk and was dependending on at least one walking stick, sometimes two. Eleven months down the line and I am literally running, skipping and jumping! Yesterday I had my first bike lesson and l started swimming lessons last year .... all this at the age of 51.

Any regrets? Of course I regret that I got into this position to begin with. Would I have the surgery again? If I had to have it done again every year for the rest of my life, then I would do it!

In a couple of months I am going in to hopsital to have a heart valve replacement and once that is done I will be like the bionic woman! No stopping me!

Good luck - make good choices and be prepared to work with your surgery. It won't make you thin overnight, but it will definitely give you a fighting chance. x

Thank you both. Do you know I haven t had one person say any thing negative about their surgery only that it was the best thing they ever did. Have you seen anyone deets or are you still in the thinking stage? It is such a massive decision to have to make. all the best in what ever You decide.. x x

Hey Dani,

i was waiting for my money to come through, which it has now! Was initially looking at having it done with Cosmetic Bliss in Czech (much cheaper than here - £6500) but everyone keeps telling me not to go abroad! I do know people who've had their surgery with CB (Emma-Louise is one) and everyone says great things about them.

I heard some good things about Dr Ammori in Manchester, so i contacted his secretary last week. He can do the surgery directly through him, rather than a company, and he'll do it cheaper too, £8,500. The prices i looked at generally seem to be around 10k.

Im soo confooosed lol x

Julie thank you so much 4 your post it really helped me and made me feel loads more positive. This site is so good for putting my mind at rest. I struggle to exercise at all so I know that's not my answer. Ruth I hope you get your surgery and it all goes great 4 you. Thank you so much everyone x ..x

Sweetheart you are so very very welcome. This site will become your home and we will become a big part of your family, albeit by association rather than blood... It's a big life changer that you are contemplating but take it from me the benefits are fabulous...

No more plotting routes around cafe's/restaurants.

No more wondering 'can i do that'? More 'i can and i will have a go'?

No more being obsessed with food, enjoying it but not obsessing....

Your hubby may well get obsessed with you talking about it, my suggestion would be tell him what he needs to know: How you will recover after your surgery, how much help he'll need to give you, how he can help. Show him this site, partners are welcomed with open arms (if he wants to look). Prepare him for the shock of buying you a new wardrobe :)

If i can help in any other way you can get me on facebook [email protected] i'm happy to help in any way i can xxx

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Back