• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yes or no

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hello all .:) my name is carol and this is all new to me .even this computer so please excuess the slow writing and spelling .i am going to have the gastric band on 8/4/10 and pre op on 22/3/10 everyone has told me not to do it .but i must as i am 46 going on 96 and cant take it anymore have been reading some of you blogs and have helped me to no i have made the right choice THANKS EVERYONE :553:

Carol, good luck with your operation... Don't worry about the misinformed many who give advice about what they know not what! Follow your heart and make yourself happy girl xx

Hi Carol and welcome, honestly follow ur heart and do whats good for you, there is so much ignorance around wls and usually its because they only hear bad things like when it hits the news but thats rare.
Wls is the best gift anyone could of given me, i am 9 days post op and already noticing so many changes i actually cant believe it.
Looking forward to reading more about ur wls story take care luv Roch x

thanks that really means a lot i no i am no on my own now many many thanks and good luck to everyone now all i have to do is find my way around this site witch is harder .

Hi Carol,
I find a lot of people who have never had a weight problem say how they would never resort to surgery. I have a feeling that being in our shoes for even a few months would change that opinion.
Stick to what you want not anyone else, its you who will live with the decision.
Good Luck x :D

Good luck with your band hun. Don't let anyone try to dissuade you. It is your life, your body, your decision. xx

hi,

i know how you feel i have a very supportive husband but as for the rest of my family i am now used to being refered to as a " waste of NHS and tax payers money" its easy for those who dont have a weight problem to critisise and tell you what they think is best for you but until they have the problem and struggle physically and emotionally with being overweight then all you have to do is what you feel is best with yourself. sorry that seemed like a bit of a sermon i hope you find what you are looking for on this site evryone is so welcoming and its great to chat with people who dont judge you. take care.x

Well done Carole for making this decision for you!

Good luck with your pre-op, the time between now and your surgery will fly :553:

hi carole, welcome, you must follow your own heart, anyone who even considers wls has already done a lot of soul searching and are ready to take the last step towards being healthier. if you are anything like me you have already been to every diet club going. so good luck hun.x

hi all can anyone tell me what to expect from this pre diet and do i need to buy anythink for after my op like a mixer or blender or anythink to help .would be greatfull for any advice you can give me thanks.:help2:

hi all can anyone tell me what to expect from this pre diet and do i need to buy anythink for after my op like a mixer or blender or anythink to help .would be greatfull for any advice you can give me thanks.:help2:

There are lots of different pre-op diets and it will depend on which one your team recommends. Some are high protein, low fat, low carb and others are just liquids, milk, yoghurts, oxo's etc. Speak to the dietician and see which they recommend for you.

A hand blender or mini food processor will defo be your best friend after surgery. Lots of weeks of liquid, pureed & soft foods afterwards.

I also bough 4oz ramakins to eat out of save my food looking 'lost' in a normal size bowl.

But other than that, I've not bought anything special.

Hi Carol and welcome to the site. I agree with previous posts, stick by your guns you know what is best for you. It could be your friends are really concerned for you and don't want you to take chances. However, as you know you have a better chance of staying around with them by taking the actions you are.

It seems that most providers have their own ideas about the pre-op diet. The best thing to do is just follow their plan and you can't go far wrong. Good luck with your journey.

BTW, you say you are having the band yet your details show you as having a bypass.

yes sorry have just checked it is gastric stomach bypass

Back