• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yet another newbie :)

Awenlock

Hi all, my name is Anna,I live in Stoke on Trent and I am currently waiting for a date for my gastric bypass surgery, I am a little confused as I have a pre anaesthetic appointment tomorrow, am assuming that it's the same as a pre op but I have no date for surgery yet, does anyone know how long after pre op is the average timescale for surgery?

Welcome and good luck x x

Hi Anna, nice to meet you and glad you found this forum,im sure it will make your journey easier,it certainly has helped me ,, i am under chelsea and westminster hospital and had my pre op ass in april,i was told the wait at my hospital was approx 6 months from pre op ass to surgery(i was so upset as the nurse at pre op said it would be 2 weeks after my assessment!),but they vary , i always think its best to ring your provider and ask,im sure they will be happy to help you and its something less for you to worry about ,good luck and i hope its a short wait xx

Hi and welcome, I'm with the Royal Bournemouth Hospital.
At my first appointment in March this year I had to fill out lots of forms, and had lots of pre-op checks bloods, weight, MRSA swabs and an ECG check. My appointment was for 9am to see the nurse and consultant then the checks so left the hospital at about 12 or 1 o'clock can't remember exactly. Back tomorrow now for dietian and anaesthetist as well as the baratric nurse one at 10.30 the other at 11.50 so I will expect a long morning with them all. Hope that helps

Welcome Anna, I joined yesterday and this is such a useful forum for any questions you may have. I live in Guernsey so I seen my consultant on 7 May and I had my date for my op on 26 May, so it was all really quick. I only had bloods and MRSA test done. x

Back