• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

York or Leeds for nhs surgery?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
My gp has referred me today for WLS (Yay!) and he said I'll receive a letter giving me a choice to make my initial appointment at either York or Leeds. Does anyone have any experience of having surgery at either of these hospitals? I live in York so that would be more convenient, but it always seems to be in the news for having outbreaks of superbugs. Also it doesn't have a specific obesity department as far as I'm aware, whereas I know St James's in Leeds does.

The chances of me getting funding are slim, as my gp said my PCT is doing everything it can at present to not pay for anything. But I'm going to give it a go and hope for the best. Maybe I should sew weights into my clothes before my appointment to get my bmi up lol.

My gp has referred me today for WLS (Yay!) and he said I'll receive a letter giving me a choice to make my initial appointment at either York or Leeds. Does anyone have any experience of having surgery at either of these hospitals? I live in York so that would be more convenient, but it always seems to be in the news for having outbreaks of superbugs. Also it doesn't have a specific obesity department as far as I'm aware, whereas I know St James's in Leeds does.

The chances of me getting funding are slim, as my gp said my PCT is doing everything it can at present to not pay for anything. But I'm going to give it a go and hope for the best. Maybe I should sew weights into my clothes before my appointment to get my bmi up lol.
You are very lucky, I live at the top of North Yorkshire, and I had to go to HULL. ;)

omg Hull is a dump lol.

Back